93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My Automatic v6 3.8L camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Default My Automatic v6 3.8L camaro

i have a v6 3.8L 200 horsepower engine, and i want to mod it up to have a stronger engine and make it faster. this is also my first car

My Car:
200 Hp (WEAK)
v6 (WEAK)
3.8 Liters. (Ok)

Im new to car mechanic. this is stock engine and everything is stock. im looking to upgrade. This is gunna be great for senior project and for myself. thanks in advance.

im looking to spned around $9,000
im new to car mechanic.
i want to add some extra horsepower but cant seem to find any parts.
google gives me different car parts than mine so if anyone can help, plz do so.

im looking for a Turbocharger or Supercharger.
and anything that can make my car go fast and pwerful.. suspension, transmission, radiator,turbocharge or supercharge or both if it can ,

i want to make it go fast without any problems. if anyone can help plz reply. thank you.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: My Automatic v6 3.8L camaro

Alot of people are going to tell you to sell your car, take that and the $9k and buy a V8. If you want turbo Force Fed Fabrications makes a kit. You can look them up via Google. Finding a supercharger would be difficult, as they don't make them anymore, though you could always take one made for the V8 and fabricate it to fit your car. There is a thread at the top of the V6 section that gives you all sorts of websites to look at for parts.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 AM

i want to make it go fast without any problems. if anyone can help plz reply. thank you.
I guess it depends what you're looking for. If you want a project [something that will be a bit different, that you put together yourself and can call your own], then you could spend the money modifying the V6, but as you've said "Without any problems", itwould seem to suggest what you really want most is just a faster car. As Stan hinted, perhaps just buyinga V8 model will be the best way to achieve that

As a related question; how much power will the standard auto 'box fitted to the V6 cars take without failing? If he's looking for big gains, at what stage would he need to replace the transmission and so on as well?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 AM

how much would a z28 cost?

Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear member

where the hell did you get all that money?! and if you think the fact that its a v6 makes it weak then ya, get a z-28 or ss, and if you want it to be somewhat easy to mod, get a 98 or newer, because the lt1 can be really tempermental if it wasnt taken care of. seriously, how can you not find parts for the 3.8? they are pretty much everywhere, even if it says it is for a grand prix, or monte carlo, as long as it says it will fit the L36 it will fit your car

and as far as a z28's cost, hundreds of variables, what year do you want, how long are you willing to wait to find a good one, what kind of options do you want

Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 PM

im looking for a good condition one. good mileage and a good engine .

Old 11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

If you want a list of things to do to your 3.8 go here:
https://camaroforums.com/m_55629/tm.htm

$9,000 is a lot to work with to mod your 3.8. You could also sell your car and combine that with the $9,000 to buy a decent shape LS1 model Camaro. If you are entertaining the idea of buying a V8 check out AutoTrader.com, Craigslist.com, Cars.com, and the "For Sale" section here on the forum.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 PM
4th Gear Member

OR give me the 9 grand and ill give you both of my cars lol...

for real though

Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM

can i be able to put this on my camaro?

Code:
LS1 F-Body Intercooled Twin Turbo Kit

???

i realy dont want to sell this

The F-body platform has been a favorite for GM modifiers for some time now, so when it came to providing a Gen-TTR Intercooled Twin Turbo solution our engineers got busy and came up with a fully integrated system that allows you to keep your air conditioning in place, the battery in the stock location, and doesn’t need you to change the ABS. The only modification you need to make with our F-body Gen-TTR is the fitment of a BMR K-Member, as this provides the room necessary for a pair of serious turbochargers.

Starts of the show are a pair of GTDW3060 large frame turbochargers which are tucked down low next to the bell housing. With each turbocharger capable of supplying an immense 600+hp or airflow with very little backpressure loading, Gen-TTR D-body has instantly become the system to have for a serious enthusiast, having already proven it has the ability to generate over 900rwhp of grunt through a 400 cubic inch built engine.

Only a couple of years ago an F-body enthusiast would have told you that having 1000rwhp twin turbo system that allowed you to keep all the creature comforts of the car was a pipe-dream. Today Gen-TTR F-body has just made that a reality.

Expect 650rwhp/620rwtq on a stock cube LS1 and upwards of 900whp/860rwtq on a built engine at high boost!

SPECIFICATIONS
Turbocharger: Twin GTDW2848 turbochargers
Boost Pressure: 10psi @ 2800rpm
Power: 850hp @ 5700rpm
Torque: 880ft/lb from 2500 - 5500rpm
Boost Control: Twin Internal Wastegates With fully adjustable actuator rods
Intercooler: Bar and Plate Extruded Aluminium Core, Cast Aluminium End Tanks, Silicon Hoses
Compressor Bypass: Twin Billet Blow Off Valves
Manifolding: Factory Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
Induction: Twin High Flow Air Filters

OPTIONAL FUEL & ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
Management: Reprogrammed Factory Delphi PCM, 2 Bar Positive Pressure Mapping utilising Speed Density, 2 Bar MAP Sensor Fuel System: 8 x 630c (60lb/hr) Fuel Injectors, Twin 600hp Capable Fuel Pumps Fuel: Hi-octane Pump Unleaded

Old 11-16-2007, 08:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

Sigh, If you have a $9K budget and want this to be a project car. Your first mod should be an engine swap. call around junkyards and mechanics and see of you can find a working LS2, LS6, or even an LS1 would work. Your going to need the transmission too, unless you get the LS1. Then your tranny will fit in it.

You could probly get a used on in nice shape for uner $5K.

take the other 2K plus and get heads & cam for you new engine. depending on what engine it is you will be making around 500-600 HP.

Of corse you could make that much hp with the V6 if you wanted to go F/I. But it isent worth it. You would need new internals, injectors and everything. I strongly suggest going the LSX rought.

Quick Reply: My Automatic v6 3.8L camaro