93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

my 95 3.4 wont start please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Default my 95 3.4 wont start please help

ok guys i am back this time with a starting problem. yay. had this car for about 2 weeks now and earlier back posted posts about overheating but thats past now. now i am having starting probs. what its doing is just not turning over now when i go to start it its just dead like a dead battery but the battery has full power. when i go to start it i get dash lights and all and the start makes like a little noise and the engine don t turn over at all. has done it one time before but thats all and not done it again till this time. car has been running very great very day starts very time in the morning or whenever i need it to and starts rite up with no probs took it to work today and it started rite up with no probs ran fine as hell got to work and shut it off went to work, went to leave work to go home and tried to start it to go home and nothing happened except dash lites were on turned it over and dash lites went dime like normal cars do and starter made a little noise and it did nothing thats all it would do. what can it be, has anyone had this prob and knows what it is/how to fix it.also i have tried to push start it and still nothing. when you push start it it like skids until it makes a stop someone said it could be lock up but the cars runs way to dam good for that and the engine in it only has like 45,000 to 100,000 miles on the motor.its sits in my work parking lot at a walmart so i have to work fast to get it out befor it gets towed away. thanks in advance for all your input and help. will keep it touch

Old 04-29-2008, 01:23 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: my 95 3.4 wont start please help

Double check your battery, it might be getting weak. But my guess is the starter itself. My jeep used to have problems with heat near the starter, so I got used to pulling ones out of the wrecking yard for $20. Try to find a u-pull it yard near you, and grab one. But give your battery a good charge first.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 AM

its not the battery i have took it all the way off and reconected it and its not heat probs because it sat all day till 11 pm at nite is when i tried to start it and leave work. thanks in advance

Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

If the car won't push start, that makes me worry. How's your oil?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:41 AM

the oil is fine just like it should be and has been running great to and fine like a new car but not a new car get my drift this is the first time this happened like this but i have been driven it everday fine as hell and nothing wrong with it and has outragious power and also cranks and everything rite up whenever i need it to except tonight at work when it done this. thanks in advance

Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM

i am also wondering if the coil packs and ignition key could be doing it not making it do anything at all like that what ya ll think

Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Start checking fuses, charge the battery real good, check the connection to the starter too. Wait for someone else to chime in. If it isn't turning over, it wouldn't be coils. I have an eerie feeling about the locked wheels in gear.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 PM

hey ! well here is an update . well i went to have it towed away for junk and got it on the guys dolly and he told the kid he was with to turn the wheels to get the car on the dolly the rite way and instead of turning the key on he tired to start it and turn the wheels and it started rite up like it normally would which made me happy . so what could this be ? does anyone know or have had it happen to them? i know it wasn t locked up. could this be a sign of a bad starter or coil pack or what? or maybe the chip in the key? i have no idea what it could be.well thanx for everything guys you have been a big help to me since i have registered on here.
ridin solo

Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You went to have it towed away for junk? You're never suppposed to junk a Camaro. Even saying so could get you banned from here!
It's quite possible that your starter is on it's way out. The bendix gear could go bad and stay engaged into the flywheel, and that can cause a locked engine/wheel situation.
So, do you still have the car, or is it gone?

Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 PM

hell yeah i still have my baby lol i made him take it back off the tow dolly and drove it home and been start fine ever since that. i just wanna know what the hell it could be making it do that like that. i know sorry about talking about junking it i just didn t know what to do i don t have time to fix it if the engine was locked up.

Quick Reply: my 95 3.4 wont start please help