93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Monsoon wiring bypass

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Monsoon wiring bypass

I am in the process of replacing the speakers and amplifier and was going to run the front four speakers off the new amp. The hatch speakers I decided to run off the aftermarket sony headunit I have. The headunit is 52w X 4 and the speakers are 25rms in the hatch rear. My question is when I bypassed the amp wiring so I would not have to run new wires to the speakers in the rear, I had a big decrease in the amount of volume of the speakers and a weird echo. I could hear the main music sound well but the vocals were faint and echoed. Anybody know anything about why this is or if I did something wrong. I used a wiring diagram for the appropriate wire connections. 2 wire connections per speakers. Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Overdrive Member

If you are using any of the stock speakers with your after market equip, remove the stock stuff. The factory speakers are 2Ω which is too low and will fry your amp in your deck and will cause the other amp to generate alot of heat. The speakers in the back seats are subs from the factory and will give you a strange sound if you try to use them as full range speakers. Hope this helps.

Massey

Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 AM
In the Staging Lanes

No Im asking why the rear speakers the 4 inch ones are playing like they are. Because I wired them straight to the stereo and not through the amp anymore. I have 4 ohm all around nothing is left stock. I am not using the stock amp either. The 4 channel amp i have will run the front two and the middle two and was thinking of running the rear hatch speakers the 4 inch off the headunit I have that is a sony xplod 52w X 4. My question is why is it that when I used the existing wiring and just rewired the amp connector so that the wires go from the 4 inch rear hatch speakers directly to the headunit, that the speakers are much more lower in power and have a strange echo? I dont have any problems with the front door speakers or the rear seat speakers because that will be driven by the 4 channel amp. All the speakers are pioneer. But the speakers in question are 25 rms and I am wondering why the loss of power and muffled echo of it?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
3rd Gear Member

because the rear speakers are not speakers. They are subs just really small. Adjust your amp to low pass only and then you wont hear any vocals at all and get a good low bass thump. The reason they sounded better before was because your stock set up was already set up for low pass only.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Im not running those speakers off an amp. They go to the headunit only. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ries/TS-G1043R These are those speakers. So why would they sound so bad coming from the headunit?

Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
3rd Gear Member

so are the rear hatch speakers aftermarket? If not then it still applies. Your HU is not set up for low pass. If you used the stock wiring and dint bypass the amp it would also explain why.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I am using pioneer aftermarket brand new speakers for the hatch. I bypassed the amp wiring. The speakers in the hatch are running only on the headunit not through any amp. Because I figured my stereo could handle 25 rms when it produces 52w X 4

Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Just wondering if anyone knew why a speaker would echo and be underpowered when it ran from the headunit. I bypassed the amp wiring by cutting the wires to and from and connecting them together according to the wiring diagram for the amp wires. Any Ideas on what would cause this cause I figured it would sound better running off the headunit alone than the amp.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

Retrace wiring, something sounds ****ed up. By the way you know that your HU does not put out 52x4 right? Its more like 15x4. Do both rear speakers sound like this? By that i mean the back 4 speakers middle and hatch. Which outputs did you use for the rear hatch speakers?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Overdrive Member

OK those speakers are full range speakers. The sound out of them should be clear and crisp going off the specs. I would check the deck settings first off and make sure that the rear channel is not set up for low pass, or that you have it set to the bass channel from the deck's amp. If all is well there then take some generic speakers and wire them direct and see if anything changes. If it does then your car's wiring is at fault if it does not then it is the deck or the deck's settings.

Massey

Quick Reply: Monsoon wiring bypass