93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Mid to high throttle sputter

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Mid to high throttle sputter

Ok im stumped maybe a month ago i changed the plugs wires and coil packs on my car but she is sputtering when i go mid to high throttle before 2 grand . then after that its only when i floor it, any ideas?

Old 10-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Mid to high throttle sputter

have you changed the fuel filter ?

Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

About three months ago should i replace it again?

Old 10-23-2008, 03:55 AM
2nd Gear member

did you make sure you didnt leave any wires on the exuast manifold,the same thing happened to or v6, get under the car and make sure you dont have and burnt plug wires.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sure did. i have two thats loosin spark looks like i might as well change the plugs and wires again. Thanks yall

Old 10-26-2008, 01:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ok i changed the wires and plugs again and the fuel filter still sputterin any ideas?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I ended up going to autozone today and had them run my codes again and it came back with a couple cylender misfires that needed to be cleared and a new one p1404 faulty egr valve. Im going to pull it off and clean it tommrow but does anybody know a good way to get to it?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the EGR valve is right out in the open and easy to get to. it is cylindrical and has a connector that plugs into the top of it and two nuts or bolts (can't remember which) that bolt it down. make sure the plunger is moving freely and is not stuck in the open position. this could cause your hesitation. Also make sure the EGR tube doesn't have any holes or cracks in it. How has your gas mileage been? Worse than usual?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yea it hasent been too bad but its not like it was when i got it either. But this could be my hesitation problem?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

maybe you need to clean the fuel injectors? dont worry im having the same problem with my car.. new oil, new air filter, new oil filter, new fuel filter, cleaned out gas tank with sea foam, i cleaned fuel injectors, and throttle body, still spits and sputters.. gas milage has gone down alot my next option is getting new spark plugs with wiring.. and guess gotta check the EGR valve. and idk if this might lift an eye but everytime i start the car immideiate afterwords it makes a grinding noise which sounds like its comming from the transmission? it used to never do it now its like everytime i start it up... any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Mid to high throttle sputter