93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

a little giddy-up

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default a little giddy-up

so today i went wild and decided to do some upgrading to my 3.8. first stop was at the bone yard to find an aluminum driveshaft. next went to advanced auto to get a 180* stat, then i decided to run a shorter serp. belt and reroute so my a/c was deleted. so now after i put them on, my car now has a little more pep in it. and all for under 150 bucks. just thought i would share. (btw if your going to do what i did for the a/c bypass, get a belt that is 82 in long.) if your someone who wants to do a little upgrading, i would recommend these if you havent already.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:16 AM
4th Gear Member

Congrats but......................I like the AC more than the HP! It's that age thing I guess! Kinda like the exhaust, use to be nice to be loud, now it is more fun to do the stealth thing. Especially when you are doing a little stalking of what your teenagers are getting into!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 AM
1st Gear Member

haha i get what you were sayin. my A/C didnt work in the first place so i figured maybe it will help to bypass it. hmmm....i hope my paretns arent doin that to me! lol

Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by osduck5
Congrats but......................I like the AC more than the HP! It's that age thing I guess! Kinda like the exhaust, use to be nice to be loud, now it is more fun to do the stealth thing. Especially when you are doing a little stalking of what your teenagers are getting into!
I am with you on the AC thing and I am as old as you but I still love the rumble. I have a radio with an Ipod hook up in my 67 but I rarly use it. I enjoy the sound of the motor. The added benfit is my girls don't like the loud noise so they do not want to drive it

Trip, it sound like your ready for a tune. That 180 thermo and headers will really make a differents after the tune.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah a tune is coming in my future....all a part of my list of things to do. although i was going to do a tune after i get a cam installed. after that ill get some track times and see where im at. i went to the track the other night and iwas the first time id ever gone. it was fun but i didnt time as well as id hoped.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What was your time? My guess would be 14.8. or at least that is where I think I am. I am thinking of the tune this summer. I will use my Ipod and "pocket dyno" for the before and after.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

well my times were not the greatest...i guess being new to it i kinda expected it. somewhere areound 16 at 87 i believe. ill have to go and find my slips but it was somewhere around there. haha next time im not going through the water in street tires haha.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Overdrive Member

No A/C deleting for me... I like to stay COOL when needed. ;-)

Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Overdrive Member
Question

Those pocket dyno accelerometer apps -- are they really accurate and worth using? I have an iPhone, but haven't tried using it yet...

Originally Posted by Gorn
What was your time? My guess would be 14.8. or at least that is where I think I am. I am thinking of the tune this summer. I will use my Ipod and "pocket dyno" for the before and after.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by tripwire1124
run a shorter serp. belt and reroute so my a/c was deleted.
you know when your ac clutch isnt engaged you loose no hp its just like an idler pulley the "power" your seeing from that is probably the 50 lbs you removed by getting rid of all the ac lines, the compressor, and condenser... you did take all the ac sht out of the car right... sell everything too the compressor for these cars is like 450$ brand new and the condenser is like 180$ you could prob get like 60-100$ for all the lines also

edit: now i feel stupid this thread is from like 4 mths ago lol

Quick Reply: a little giddy-up