93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

im the new guy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Overdrive Member

How many miles on the car? After shocks, start thinking bigger sways, like used SS ones, or if you go bigger go with hollow ones for weight savings.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
How many miles on the car? After shocks, start thinking bigger sways, like used SS ones, or if you go bigger go with hollow ones for weight savings.
the car has 165 and idk about the condition of the engine. i know when i pulled the coolant resivoir lid it is all brown and looks like it needs antifreeze but my problem is that i have no time to work on the car during the week. school + job makes it really hard

so idk what im going to do about the rusty coolant issue but im thinking i will flush it on sunday a few times. but it runs great and doesnt overheat so i should be good driving it till then

i did a very quick project after work today what u guys think?

did it in the dark so ill get a daytime picture tomorrow but i like how it turned out

Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Overdrive Member

^ Consider installing a flush kit, cheap at Wal Mart, and Super Flush (Prestone or similar) will help get all that gunk out of your coolant system...

Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
^ Consider installing a flush kit, cheap at Wal Mart, and Super Flush (Prestone or similar) will help get all that gunk out of your coolant system...
+1 And after you get ALL that crap out, put green antifreeze in.

Originally Posted by 1slowv6
woow no way i saw the orange shocks and totally thought they were new lol looks lke ill be upgrading that first
I thought the same thing when I bought mine. I'd never seen factory shocks that were orange.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM
I Like to Party

^Yeah I think they may have been replaced at one point in time

Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Overdrive Member

I have stuck with the Dex Cool (orange) -- no problems yet, and is what GM recommends.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

when maintained dexcool is great stuff its when theres 150k miles on the original anitfreeze that you have problems people change there oil and always seem to forget all the rest of the fluids

Old 09-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
when maintained dexcool is great stuff its when theres 150k miles on the original anitfreeze that you have problems people change there oil and always seem to forget all the rest of the fluids
yeah i bet this kid never changed the antifreeze but no worries the car is safely parked in my garage i detailed it at work and when i got home i buffed the hood (ill do the rest sunday) and ill pull it out and flush the coolant.

so for you guys that have done lowering. what do you suggest because i saw the prokit but wanted to know if its possible just to put the springs on and be in good shape or if im gonna need anything else for lowering besides of course new shocks.

then another question is that these cars have an interesting exhaust. there is only one cat to my knowledge and one rear 02 correct? so if i delete the cat is there any trick to not getting a CEL besides a tuner of course.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slowv6
yeah i bet this kid never changed the antifreeze but no worries the car is safely parked in my garage i detailed it at work and when i got home i buffed the hood (ill do the rest sunday) and ill pull it out and flush the coolant.

so for you guys that have done lowering. what do you suggest because i saw the prokit but wanted to know if its possible just to put the springs on and be in good shape or if im gonna need anything else for lowering besides of course new shocks.

then another question is that these cars have an interesting exhaust. there is only one cat to my knowledge and one rear 02 correct? so if i delete the cat is there any trick to not getting a CEL besides a tuner of course.
If you lower your car you can get justthe springs but you also need an adjustable Pan hard bar. Getting adjustable lower control arms for the rear is also recommended but not necessary.

As for the cat deletion you can buy these o2 emulators that plug into your harness and trick the engine into thinking that u2 sensor is reading correctly. Or you can have it tuned out.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Overdrive Member

No, if you plan to lower your car, other than the SLP kit with matched shocks/lowering springs, then you NEED adjustable shocks -- Koni SAs to control the springs and damp properly.

I would phone Sam Strano and ask all your questions -- you will get a lot of GREAT information:

Strano Performance Parts - Parts Catalog