93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

If available(dash)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Talking If available(dash)

So my first car was a 3rd gen rs and i got rid of it a few years ago and have missed it ever since....but just last week i finally got the chance to own another *****in camaro so i got a 94 from a seller on CL and like my 92 it has the common but ever so pain in the *** problem of 'HAVING NO DASH' and i was wondering if anyone on here had a dash pad for a 94 at all and if so if we could set something up via paypal or money order or something. I would rather go this route because everyhwere else i have checked(scrapyards,LKQ,Ebay) everyone either does not have them or have ridiculous pricing and i dont feel like spending hundreds on something that really doesnt need to be that expensive. So if anyone can help me out let me know, thanks.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dashpads are rare so they are expensive. u can get a cover for less.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I looked all over for a dash pad for my 97 . I ended up getting a dash cap which basically sits right over the exsisting dash looks perfect and if done correctly hard to tell its not a dashpad. The thing is mine was just over a 100 bucks its formed to fit perfectly , has UV protection and well easy as falling down to install. Below is a link so you can read about it.

http://www.txdashcovers.com/cadaco193.html

Just for the love of all that is holy dont put carpet on the dash!!

Carpet belongs on the floor not the dash!!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:42 AM

i know its damn impossible to find one ANYWHERE. At least i checked the local salvage yard and found a 4th gen z28 with a PERFECT interior and ive got free reign over whatever i need from inside for free but the owner's son called dibs on the friggin dash before i got to it. Kind of a disappointment but at least i get a free center console, sun visors and rear buckets out of it....win some and lose some i suppose

Old 04-18-2010, 12:44 AM

and no there will be no **** on the uptop

Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by iwhd87
and no there will be no **** on the uptop
Good deal. I must say I am rather suprised you cant find one for your car . I was looking for mine with that wonderful graphite interior that chevy only used for 2 years . I was basically tripping over 93 - 96's. I know I ran across like 4 of them in varied condition one was in a z 28 perfect condition other than faded.Terry said $50 but it may as well been free because it done me no good. Seriously do think about those caps took me like 15 minutes start to finish then had to let it sit for the adhesive to dry for like 8 hours I think. Think it about it your going to be buying basically a big chunk of old plastic if you go preowned. Thats going to be what 100 bucks or more? IF you go with the stealership you are looking at closer to $300. Either way there you have to pull your old dash out then drop a new one in so there's that time.I also seen where you can wrap your old one in vinyl again gotta pull it though and hope you dont break it too bad. I seriously suggest doing the dash cap thing way easier saves money because yes it is molded plastic but so are the new ones from the stealerships. The only differnce is the gm stamp and padding ...maybe on the new one oh and that 150 - 200 extra you paid for it.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:58 AM

NO KIDDING! dealers are out of theyre damn minds to be selling things at "msrp" prices at $300+ for those sub par dash pads....but due to some internet scouring i decided to go with a dash cap since theyre easy to install and you can find them everywhere online for a reasonable price. Thank you for the advice and tips on the subject brother man, ill be following your threads

Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Just be sure to get the molded plastic ones and not that tacky carpet version. Follow the directions and you really shouldnt have any issues at all. The directions should explain this but in case they dont boil some water and let the adhesive sit in it for a bit. This allows the adhesive to spread/ flow better .As far as the stain/ paint if needed that can be bought at advanced auto or auto zone either one. I had to stain mine because of the screwy graphite interior.
Glad I could help.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
1st Gear Member

When i got mine it had that **** carpet crap on the dash and when I took it off I noticed a big hole in my dash. I got the plastic molded dash pad. It took 10 mins to put it in and looks good as new

Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up

We had way too many 100+ degree days in Texas last summer. Mine split right up the middle. It's not at the top of my repair list yet, but did do some looking and found (Eckler's Camaro I think) was over $300, so the cap sounds like a great idea (and easier to install). Do you have a source or link?

Quick Reply: If available(dash)