93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I need some help!

Ok. I'm new, need help!

1) Whisper lids: it seems as though whisper lids are no longer avaible so i would have to just snap off the the fins on my stock lid. right?

2) My stock lid: looking at other posts i have seen that not all 3.8 intakes look the same, so i went out and looked at mine. Idk how to describe it, it has the two "bellows?" on each side of the tubing coming from the air box lid to the intake manifold, that looks somewhat like the ones on Z28's except smaller and more round. so my question is if these give better performance or what they do!?!?

3) CAI: while researching the SLP CAI i nothced some people say that their engine ran too lean and caused dammage to the car. has this happened to anyone else or does their cars just have some wierd problems?

4) Finally: which filter would you recomend; a K&N or the SLP Blackwing?

and just so theres no confusion the car is a 2000 with the 3.8II

THANKS!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

1. For the Whisper Lid go to hawksthirdgen.com, but i have heard about snapping the fins out and sanding the stock lid smooth; its up to you.

2. The bellow you speak of is the air silencer, it actually decreases performance. The Whisper Lid replaces the silencer, Thus this is why the Whisper Lid is the best way to go.

3. I have had the SLP CAI for about 7 months now and i have had no problems with it at all.

4. There is no difference really in the Blackwing filter and the K&N filter besides the color.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:14 PM

If you aren't pulling air from outside the engine bay then it can't be CAI, no matter what label they put on it.