93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:05 PM
jeb
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Saint_Ali
i didnt think id ever defend a mustang....well here it goes,the mustang still has an extra 2 cylinders firing and will out down more torque, and its not hp that wins races....
yea i kno but do you think i could make my car run with it like my car be like a sleeper if you will??

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:10 PM
Overdrive Member

sure,just will take work and $$$

Old 02-22-2009 | 01:09 AM
4th Gear Member

Dude alih, just because it has 8 cylinders doesnt mean something with less cylinders cant and wont beat it even in stock form. Maybe not in this scenario but it seems to be a common phrase you like to use and its not always true.

Jeb, to answer your question, the best I can, I am not familiar with modifying 3.4Ls however I suspect it doesnt respond to mods as well as 8 cyls or more performance based cars. Im guessing an intake will gain you a couple hp, not much. full exhaust will net you something in the low double digits. And i really cant say if you were to do heads, p/p and a tune because with the right set of each of those your results will vary. I dont see why they wouldnt put you in the 200 range give or take a few horses.

Since I am actually rather unfamiliar with the 3.4L I tried to find other 3.4Ls with such bolt ons at or over 200hp and I couldnt, but I didnt look very hard. I did find alot of wiki and yahoo pages with people asking if it could be done and the usual answer was not without power adders, but thats the easy way out and there is no fun in that. In my opinion nitrous is like steroids and on a street car not a bright idea. Chargers are not as bad, I like their use but I think you should squeeze out every ounce of power you can without em before you do add one.

Anyway, this got me thinking, a 3.8L mustang has less horsepower than the 3.4L Camaro. yet Eric Valdez (I think thats his name, hes Autobadges on MF) He has a 300hp 310+tq 95 V6 Mustang. Now hes making all that power with a supercharger and hes put ALOT into it and reached that output at 10psi. If he can come from 145hp 215tq you can come from 160hp and 200tq to 200hp and whatever torque. He gained 155hp from all that, you just need to gain 40. take a look at his mods and see what seems practical for your budget. I still say you should get pretty damn close with intake, full (and the right) exhaust with a good tune.

You can find his modlist at showstang.com. I understand its a mustang with a different size engine, but the same type of mods SHOULD bare the same type of results.

Old 02-22-2009 | 08:53 AM
Overdrive Member

well the more cylinders yoy have firing, the better throttle response you can have.i know what im talking about, i dont post just to post

Old 02-22-2009 | 08:08 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Didn't we just have this thread? Look Jeb below is a link to a V-6 only forum. Do yourself a favor. Go there and read. Don't post, just read. Search for 3.4. Should take you about a week.

What you will find out is 3.4's do not responsed well to mods and their stock bottom end can not handle much of a horse power increase without being rebuilt. You increase your HP 25% (or to 200hp) on a high miles car and all you have done is created a motor that is ready to blow. If the head gaskets have not been replace they will go very quickly just by running it hard at the stock HP. The bolt on mods these guys are talking about are going to cost a fair amount of cash. In the end it would be cheaper for you to trade you car in on a LT1 Z.

http://forum.camarov6.com/index.php

Old 02-22-2009 | 08:33 PM
Ninja Administrator

whats wrong with our v6 section?

His thread is only really about exhaust at the moment. Lets try to stay on topic. Go punch each other in OT if u guys wanna do that

Old 02-22-2009 | 09:01 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I was responding to this.
if i did that except the cam where do you think that will put me?? and do you think i could get my car to run with a 1995 mustang gt b/c they are only rated at 215hp
There is nothing wrong with our forums its just they have almost 100,000 threads all on 4th gen v6's. Not a fun place to hang out but good research.

Old 02-22-2009 | 09:07 PM
Ninja Administrator

Fair enough

Old 02-22-2009 | 09:53 PM
jeb
|
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Spartan66
Dude alih, just because it has 8 cylinders doesnt mean something with less cylinders cant and wont beat it even in stock form. Maybe not in this scenario but it seems to be a common phrase you like to use and its not always true.

Jeb, to answer your question, the best I can, I am not familiar with modifying 3.4Ls however I suspect it doesnt respond to mods as well as 8 cyls or more performance based cars. Im guessing an intake will gain you a couple hp, not much. full exhaust will net you something in the low double digits. And i really cant say if you were to do heads, p/p and a tune because with the right set of each of those your results will vary. I dont see why they wouldnt put you in the 200 range give or take a few horses.

Since I am actually rather unfamiliar with the 3.4L I tried to find other 3.4Ls with such bolt ons at or over 200hp and I couldnt, but I didnt look very hard. I did find alot of wiki and yahoo pages with people asking if it could be done and the usual answer was not without power adders, but thats the easy way out and there is no fun in that. In my opinion nitrous is like steroids and on a street car not a bright idea. Chargers are not as bad, I like their use but I think you should squeeze out every ounce of power you can without em before you do add one.

Anyway, this got me thinking, a 3.8L mustang has less horsepower than the 3.4L Camaro. yet Eric Valdez (I think thats his name, hes Autobadges on MF) He has a 300hp 310+tq 95 V6 Mustang. Now hes making all that power with a supercharger and hes put ALOT into it and reached that output at 10psi. If he can come from 145hp 215tq you can come from 160hp and 200tq to 200hp and whatever torque. He gained 155hp from all that, you just need to gain 40. take a look at his mods and see what seems practical for your budget. I still say you should get pretty damn close with intake, full (and the right) exhaust with a good tune.

You can find his modlist at showstang.com. I understand its a mustang with a different size engine, but the same type of mods SHOULD bare the same type of results.
thanks for the help i mean i really just dont want my v6 to be like everybody elses you kno and what i plan on doing just helps the car in the long run you kno

Old 02-22-2009 | 10:43 PM
4th Gear Member

no problem man. if you really want to go thru with this and you want to put the moneey into your car you would be betterr off doing it right and getting intake full exhaust and a dyno tune. see how much that gains u and just keep going steadily from there.