93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

I need advice for my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I need advice for my car

I have a purple 95 camaro with the 3800(3.8) series II v6. I had to replace a head gasket so right now i have the whole top end tore off. I am going to replace all the gaskets in the top end just so i dont have to tear it apart again incase another goes.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do to soup the car up i.e. headers, exhaust, small mods
The car has some power for me but not enough. I want to keep this car and turn in to something nicer than what it is. It has 70,000miles on it which isnt bad at all for a 95.
For exhaust i was thinking dual side pipes or getting loudmouth exhaust. But the problem with loudmouth is i dont thing the car puts out enough to make it sound good. If i had aftermarket headers would this help. I had a limited budget atm but i am willing to do this over the next month so please in your advice could you be somewhat cost worthy. If you know rough estimate prices please post them also. ty

Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: I need advice for my car

Pacesetter Headers (only choice $230), Magnaflow High flow cat ($50 on ebay), don't get SLP Loudmouths on a V6....flowmaster is the cheapest and decent system, or magnaflow exhaust for a bit more.

You can get the heads P&P while your taking them apart and some rockers and lifters as well

Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok but the thing is i have a problem with flowmaster exhaust i had 80 series and it sounded like ****!!!! I am not really impressed by flowmaster lately. i havent heard flowmaster sound good on a camaro in a long time. I want something loud that sounds mean. Now what do you thing about glass packs?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
4th Gear Member

Glass packs are a big NO....especially on a V6

I sent you a PM about a Borla system

Old 05-08-2007, 11:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok tyvm. man i love this site you guys are very helpful

Old 01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

FLOWMASTER 40 SERIES?

JUST A THOUGHT

Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

nothing sounds good on a V6...just my big O

Old 01-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: badinfluenceRS
You can get the heads P&P while your taking them apart and some rockers and lifters as well
x2

Old 01-20-2008, 09:25 AM
3rd Gear Member

What are you gonna gain by port and polished heads? Better flow? And R/R...give me an idea of price on both and what type of performance your gonna gain.

Not to steal the thread, but in the 5 speed application, what would you recomend for a performance cam replacement?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Be absolutely sure to take the heads in and get them checked for straightness. It's not uncommon for a warped head to be the cause, or part of the cause of a blown head gasket. Not having them checked while you're this far would just be foolish. You can have them shaved enough to true them back up, or go a little more yet to bump your compression, which then wouldgive youa slight performance gain. If one or both of yourheads are warped, the new head gaskets will likely compensate for the difference for a short while, then a leak will develop again later. Having them checked now will be money well spent.
EDIT: Oops, too late! I just noticed this topic was originally from May. That's what happens when someone blows the dust off an old post I guess! Oh well, hope it all worked out.

Quick Reply: I need advice for my car