93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Help with nos

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Default Help with nos

Ok so i am getting a no2 kit weds. But what i want to know is how much no2 can this V6 hold without hurting the motor. I know after time it will damage it, but what is a safe level to use, i was thinking a 75 shot but not sure if the stock motor can handle it. The car is pretty much stock right now, but has an intake and exhaust. Eventually in the next couple of weeks i plan on buying headers which i hear helps with the no2, cam's, headwork and intake work. any feedback would be great. thanks in advance. by the way it is a 3.8

Old 07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
4th Gear Member

75 tops on the stock 3800. And it's NO2, not NOS. Unless you buy NOS brand of course.

Personally I wouldn't go past 50 on a stock 3800 but 75 is perfectly fine.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your going with a wet system? How many miles on your 3.8? How fresh are the head gaskets?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by evilkal
75 tops on the stock 3800. And it's NO2, not NOS. Unless you buy NOS brand of course.

Personally I wouldn't go past 50 on a stock 3800 but 75 is perfectly fine.
Your right sorry about that. NO2 not buying the nos brand lol thanks for the correction. i was thinking the same thing about running no more than 75 but will run 50 on it and see what happens lol.

Originally Posted by Gorn
Your going with a wet system? How many miles on your 3.8? How fresh are the head gaskets?
It is a wet system, the car has 94k on it, never changed the head gaskets just bought the car in november so not really to sure on it. I recently had the car at the dealership, had to get my intake gasket taken care of. It was leaking anti-freeze pretty bad, but didnt drive it when it happened.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 AM
2nd Gear member

So you're saving money for a head gasket job, right?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1augapfel
So you're saving money for a head gasket job, right?
good question.. what do you think? I went to school for automotive technology for 4 yrs. What money do i need to save for? lol

Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Replace the headgaskets before you install the NO2. If its your daily driver you should limit yourself to a 50 shot. Most of the NO2 kits have crappy engine protection. You really want to research what you will need to be safe. You drop extra 50 HP worth of NO2/fuel into a stock 3.8 at 1100 RPMs and it will come apart. If its a stick you want a clutch cutout. Also a second cut off incase the primary leaks. Nothing worse then going to start your car in the morning and ending up with a dented oil pan.

If putting in head gaskets is no big deal why would take it to a dealer for the intake gasket? Warranty?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gorn
Replace the headgaskets before you install the NO2. If its your daily driver you should limit yourself to a 50 shot. Most of the NO2 kits have crappy engine protection. You really want to research what you will need to be safe. You drop extra 50 HP worth of NO2/fuel into a stock 3.8 at 1100 RPMs and it will come apart. If its a stick you want a clutch cutout. Also a second cut off incase the primary leaks. Nothing worse then going to start your car in the morning and ending up with a dented oil pan.

If putting in head gaskets is no big deal why would take it to a dealer for the intake gasket? Warranty?
That is correct the car still has a warranty on it. By the way does anybody have a wiring diagram for the steering wheel controls for the radio, waant to use my preset button to trigger the NO2?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Overdrive Member

Send me a PM with your E-mail I will send you a pdf of a 2000 camaro wiring, most everything will be the same from 98-2002, the stereo wiring is the same, and I am not sure you can adapt the steering wheel controls but it will show you how to wire them in.

Massey

Old 07-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Ok so i installed the kit yesterday went to test the car with a 55 shot, and lets just say i was not happy, so i installed the 75 shot. Well there is still no difference. So something is worng with this setup. i think it might be were the nozle is installed at. i had installed it into the intake manifold right after the butter fly. (where the linkage usually is connected to open the flapper) i was thinking i might have to install it before the maf and butter fly, not after. Any ideas?? by the way will try to post pictures.

Name:  Bottle.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  112.5 KB