93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default help!!

ok so i took off my upper intake manifold yesterday and after i put everything back together i went to start the car and it started up and shot to 4500. any idea on whats happening? i triple checked all of my sensors and vacume lines and cant find anything left undone. plz help i need to be able to drive the car to school tonight.

thank you all

Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure you plug the pig tails into the right sensors? Sounds like one of your sensors is getting a false reading. Also is your throttle cable kinked anywhere causing it to be open? Is the engine light on? Amy codes?

Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yes i almost positive al the pig tails are connected where they should be and thats what im thinking. and as far as the codes go i haven had the motor in for more than 4 seconds at a time cause i dont wanna mess anything up with it not being warmed up.

Originally Posted by 3800camaro
Are you sure you plug the pig tails into the right sensors? Sounds like one of your sensors is getting a false reading. Also is your throttle cable kinked anywhere causing it to be open? Is the engine light on? Amy codes?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Try disconnecting them and reconnecting them. There's really no way to say what it is without diagnosing it. It could be any sensor like the tps maf map o2 sensors acting up.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 3800camaro
Try disconnecting them and reconnecting them. There's really no way to say what it is without diagnosing it. It could be any sensor like the tps maf map o2 sensors acting up.

so just reconect everything?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear Member

Ya. Did you remove any of the sensors when you removes the upper intake? Or even the fuel injectors?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear member

Is it a 3.4L or 3800? If it's a 3.4L you have to remove the injectors when you take the upper intake off. Did you use new o-rings on the injectors?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by mrfreez
Is it a 3.4L or 3800? If it's a 3.4L you have to remove the injectors when you take the upper intake off. Did you use new o-rings on the injectors?
its a 3.4L. i did not use new injectors but i kept them well lubed when i put them back in.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 AM
2nd Gear member

Not injectors but o-rings for the injectors. When the car is on, tap the IAC motor with a ratchet or something to see if the rpm's jump. I had that issue with my IAC motor. Get some tb cleaner and take off the IAC motor and spray it out. Make sure it's dry before putting it back in. You can also leave it connected (but unscrewed) and just turn the key on to accessory. That will make the magnet come out of the IAC motor so you can get better access to spray tb cleaner. Don't touch the magnet with your fingers, a rag, or anything.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by mrfreez
Not injectors but o-rings for the injectors. When the car is on, tap the IAC motor with a ratchet or something to see if the rpm's jump. I had that issue with my IAC motor. Get some tb cleaner and take off the IAC motor and spray it out. Make sure it's dry before putting it back in. You can also leave it connected (but unscrewed) and just turn the key on to accessory. That will make the magnet come out of the IAC motor so you can get better access to spray tb cleaner. Don't touch the magnet with your fingers, a rag, or anything.
ok. i also just replaced the gaskets for the upper intake,egr and throttle body. but the iac was fine before i took it off. it sounds like its pulling air in from somewhere other than the throttle body though..