93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Headlight 'pigtail'

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Default Headlight 'pigtail'

Several years ago I saw an ad in "Super Chevy" for a 'pigtail' that kept the low beams on with the high beams, now that I'm ready to buy one, I can't find the ad. Does anyone have a source? Thanks!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Headlight 'pigtail'

you would think maying splicing into the high beam harness would do it but who knows, best tool out there is to search. coming here waiting for answers and somethings not getting them kind of sucks

Old 01-13-2008, 12:15 PM

The problem with that is without the diode the 'brights' would be on all the time, here in Lo-Cal the cops frown on that, plus my 100/80 watt bulbs are less than subtle as it is. Not to mention, when you start cutting up harnesses, you run the risk of letting the smoke out!

The boys on the other forum tell me that the truck 'pigtail' has compatible plugs. Summit has'em for about $20, so, problem solved.

Thanks for the quick response!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Is this a new headlight housing or some electrical splitter? Sounds tempting to have your low beams on when you have on the highs, does it keep on the fog lights too? I live in So. Cal too, and if a lifted truck ever gives you problems at night that sounds like a good solution.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 PM

More of a joiner than a spliter, but yeah, it's electrical. Summit p/n sum-890300. How long did it take to put your K&N snorkel on? Mine is still in the box, my last wife always said it took me an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

Is that the right relay kit? It says its for Chevy/GMC trucks and SUVs. If you have it and it works I'll try it out for sure. If it is compatible is it for the earlier or later 4th gen, or both? To make the smooth airlid it took me about and hour and a half. Had to Dremel off the baffles then sand it down, make sure there's no loose plastic particles. The filter tooka minute or two todrop in.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 PM

I'm ordering ittomorrow, talked to a tech at Summit this morning, just to confirm that only one unit was required. The K&N part I was refering to is FIPK 57-3041, supposed to be a 90 minute install, but I've been lied to before and I hate those factory hose clamps.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Sorry, re your first question: Yeah, it will work on ours. I don't think the early 4th Gen had the problem, I believe all 4 lit up on high beam until '98.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

Ah... I gotcha on the K&N now. Good to know that it will work on ours. Now I've got to wait for you to get it and test it to see if I should get it too.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 AM

I'll let you know when I've got it installed!

Quick Reply: Headlight 'pigtail'