93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Headers

Well, I'm now in the final stage of putting on my Pacesetter headers on my 3.4L V6.

I'm not sure how much more power I will get, but I'm actually interested in how much power I'm getting back! There were exhaust leaks everywhere. The left manifold had a broken bolt and the gasket was burned off. The O2 sensor was broken. There's a 1/4" hole in the Y-pipe. The EGR tube to manifold is leaking like crazy too. Finally, the right manifold isn't holding the right pressure and has a couple of leaks too.

The Pacesetter headers come with the Y-pipe, and all the piping to take you right to the cat. I'll dyno it this summer and see what I got.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

so weres the pictures???

Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah i recently put Pacesetter headers on my 3.8 camaro and everything seems like it fits but theres a leak somewhere i know it. unless its supposed to sound like it has a leak but i highly doubt it.
i dont want the gaskets to burn up and i kinda want my car to have its performance. im hoping i can make this work. =/

Old 07-20-2010, 04:50 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

My guess would be 10-15HP. Getting the exhaust leaks sealed up is more of a safty issue. Its not going to add a bunch of HP. The O2 sensor repair will make the car feel a little more responsive durring normal driving but will have little effect on WOT. I would expect you to see a nice impovement in MPG.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 AM
2nd Gear member

If you want to know where your leak is, seafoam your car! Put 1/3 can in the PCV while the engine is running. Let the car sit for 10mins. Turn on the car and watch the smoke show! You'll see in the engine where the white smoke comes out if there's any leaks in the headers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYedCBO9l0s

Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Seafoam! didnt think of that, but i never tried seafoam before, can you tell me where you put it in? and...can you tell me the entire process that way its easy step by step for me :P

Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear member

NP. There's 2 ways you should do it. You'll need: 1 can Seafoam & 1 can Seafoam Deep Creep.

Seafoam instructions:
1- Take off the PCV housing and remove the PCV valve.
2- Turn on the car, and pour 1/3 can of Seafoam slowly in the PCV hole. Pour it slowly so you don't stall the car. Make sure to only use 1/3 can.
3- Let the car sit for 10 to 15mins.
4- Put back your PCV valve while you're waiting. Spray the PCV valve with Deep Creep.
5- Turn the car on. It can take a min or two before you start seeing the white smoke come out of the tailpipes.

Deep Creep Instructions:
1- Remove the intake tubing from your throttle body. Disconnect the IAT sensor.
2- Spray the throttle body with deep creep. Open the butterfly and spray inside too.
3- Turn on the car. Spray inside the TB with the car on. Open the trottle a little while spraying.
4- Spray until you see white smoke coming out of the tailpipe. Turn off the car.
5- Wait 10mins. Put back the intake tube while you wait.
6- Turn on the car!

The Seafoam method cleans out your lower intake. The Deep Creep method cleans out your upper intake and TB. After you are done, take the car for a drive to get rid of all the seafoam in the car and clean it out good.

Tip 1: Use 1/3 can in the gas tank to clean your fuel system.
Tip 2: Use 1/3 can in the crankcase a day before you change your oil. Drive the car around to loosen any sludge in the engine. Change your oil the following day and it'll get rid of grime & sediment in the engine.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I found that this air hose like pipe from the EGR is causing my leakage, whats happening is that its not seating right, it the pipe is angled and it wont seat to the headers little pipe there.
can i just bend this pipe without any trouble?
if anyone can give me a simple solution right now that would be great cuz im stressed out with this. it sucks to have an exhaust leak and your car sound like a piece of turd.
I had some pictures but they wont show here. which doesnt help at all :'(

Last edited by Curt705900; 07-20-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: pictures wont show.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 PM

nice info. thanks.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Curt705900, What year? There is a very good chance the pipe will break if you bend it much.

Quick Reply: Headers