93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Getting to know the Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Default Getting to know the Car

I'm looking at buying a 2000 Coupe, just wanted to know some of the basics.
Alright, Just asking some simple facts, Like for instance, the REAL stats of a stock Coupe. (3.8L 5 spd manual)

After that, I would like to know about the types of performance mods that are suggested, and if any, prices PLEASE.

Also, I know for a fact I intend on adding, CAI, New ECU Chip, and some sort of boost, Just not sure what or anything like that. Mainly Turbo/SC (and/or suggested brand/parts)?

Just for sound sake, what kind of exhaust or changes need to be done to make it not sound so much like a girly man car? :P

And sad as it is, I know there ARE common problems, but I could hopefully deal with beforehand, Past experience/ tough love to share?

Any kind of info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Last edited by WhizKid; 10-20-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!

As my first suggestion, try searching. There are some "Stickys" on performance mods too.

For sound clips, search youtube. They usually have their mods in their video description.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

one tip...dont go for the SC. if you were intending on taking one off a grand prix or something, you cant, theres just not enough room. so if your looking for boost, turbo is the way to go. itll cost ya a pretty big chunk of cash. a stock 3.8 camaro will have around 200hp/215tq. so not bad for a v6. other than that welcome to the forum.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by tripwire1124
one tip...dont go for the SC. if you were intending on taking one off a grand prix or something, you cant, theres just not enough room. so if your looking for boost, turbo is the way to go. itll cost ya a pretty big chunk of cash. a stock 3.8 camaro will have around 200hp/215tq. so not bad for a v6. other than that welcome to the forum.
Not entirely true, the m90 swap has been done twice, but only one f-body still exists (the first was crushed). It'll work if you've got good fab skills and know a thing or two about tuning. If not, consider it not a feasible mod.

For add-ons, headers, hi-flow cat, catback, and in the case of a 2000, shaved intake lid are good starter mods. Check out the stickies at the top of the section.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MusicMan
Not entirely true, the m90 swap has been done twice, but only one f-body still exists (the first was crushed). It'll work if you've got good fab skills and know a thing or two about tuning. If not, consider it not a feasible mod.

For add-ons, headers, hi-flow cat, catback, and in the case of a 2000, shaved intake lid are good starter mods. Check out the stickies at the top of the section.

well thats why i mentioned that it would pretty much empty his wallet for anything else.