93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Fuel Injector? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? G*D Dam Just help me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Default Fuel Injector? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? G*D Dam Just help me!

Okay here is the deal, I have been to every Camaro forum possible and have found multiple possiblities.. here is the problem. A couple weeks ago I began to notice a bad smell when stopped or at low speeds, figured it was the Cat. so I have waited to get it fixed, then I noticed randomly the car would sputter when accelerating and when stopped; when it would sputter I noticed that the Oil Gauge would be going crazy bouncing all over the place.Since it only happened about 1 in 10 drives I figured it was just bad gas so ran some fuel cleaner through.. about a week ago it started being every 1 in 3 drives, now its every time I start that it feels like its going to die. When I start it early in the morning it still is sometimes not a problem.. I know it could be about a million things and I figure the Cat has to be replaced regardless. I havent check the spark plug wires yet but a month ago changed the plugs, oil change, and air filter. The thing that stumps me is the oil gauge going crazy... Can anyone give me some good advice so I dont just have to run around fixing stuff that doesn't need it?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Fuel Injector? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? G*D Dam Just help me!

does it sputter when you accelarate fast? it maybe your igniton coils

Old 04-29-2007, 02:54 PM

yes it does but not nearly as bad

Old 04-29-2007, 03:00 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Year, model andsize of engine. What mods have been done to it?

Old 04-29-2007, 06:19 PM

95, 3.4L, with about 133k; when I bought it there was an aftermarket exhaust, but it looks like a crap brand so I have no idea what it is. other than that no mods.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:33 PM

Yeah checked the Spark Plug wires, they look perfect from start to finish... so I guess I can rule that out... does anyone know if you can hear if your fuel injector isnt spraying on all of them or do I have to take it apart to check that? and if so should I get a professional fuel system flush before doing that?

Old 04-29-2007, 06:42 PM
May 2007 ROTM

A fuel filter only runs about 7 bucks so I would start there. If it is clogged it wil cause all those problems, and is the cheapest fix, if it isn't the filter at least you'll know if you have to spend more.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Yeah, I dont mind a few bucks, I have just been checking out all the forums with issues related to mine and people are going down the line: fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors, cat, vaccum line, spark plug wires, egr valve and having no luck... and being on a college budget with absolutely no income I can't really afford to do that; nor the time.. I was thinking maybe run it to a place to get a profession fuel injection clean to maybe see if that flushes out the clog... but again.. everything I do is gonna have to go on credit which sucks big time, so Im hoping someone that has gone down the long list and finally found the problem can give me advice rather than having to go down that line myself

Old 04-29-2007, 06:51 PM
May 2007 ROTM

Woud still start with the filter, cheap , fast easy. Then after the filter is clean then flush the system. If the filter is dirty there is no way to cean it or flush it out. And all the injector fluid in the word wont help if it gets stuck in the filter.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Alright, I will do that tomorrow then.. I changed it about a year ago.. can it get clogged that fast? didntthink it would have but guess it might have

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? G*D Dam Just help me!