93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Front Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 PM
4th Gear Member
Default Front Bumper Cover

Been looking for a OEM bumper cover for the ole 97 for a while and finally give up. I called local parts place that sells the aftermarket stuff. Ordered it and received it today. Opened it up and it has a big ole scratched out piece, looks like the staple holding the box got into it during shipping. Other than that, it looks like a pretty good cover. The place I bought from has ordered me another one, hopefully getting it tomorrow. Maybe it will warm up so I can do some wrenching and get the motor in the 98 and this cover on the 97. Then, I'm done for a while with projects!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

let me know how installation goes been thinkin about gettin a new one myself

Old 04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Started with the bumper cover today. It looks like it is going to fit pretty good. Here are a couple pics. The underside is going to have to bend up pretty tight to put the plastic retainers in the metal frame.

Attached Thumbnails Front Bumper Cover-img00063.jpg   Front Bumper Cover-img00065.jpg  
Old 04-10-2010, 06:35 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm honestly pretty surprised you couldn't find any front bumpers at local junkyards. The place I usually go to I think has a couple of 4th gens

Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Looks good, I just finishup my daughters Sunfire front end. She smacked it up in the last snow storm.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:03 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Looks good, I just finishup my daughters Sunfire front end. She smacked it up in the last snow storm.
Did you get paint it before you installed it?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
I'm honestly pretty surprised you couldn't find any front bumpers at local junkyards. The place I usually go to I think has a couple of 4th gens
All the ones I found were either already cracked or they wanted to sell the whole frontend.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Luckly it was white and I found a white one, White matchs real well cause you can not see any fade . Close enough for her collage days anyway.

With yours I would shot the edges before it was installed and fade the paint back about half way down the fender then fade the clear in almost to the doors. With the darker colors you really need to spread out the fade.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Luckly it was white and I found a white one, White matchs real well cause you can not see any fade . Close enough for her collage days anyway.

With yours I would shot the edges before it was installed and fade the paint back about half way down the fender then fade the clear in almost to the doors. With the darker colors you really need to spread out the fade.
Thanks! Yes, I got to thinking about that today. Plus the passenger fender is also the same color as the bumper cover. I wanted to see how everything was going to fit and make sure the lights had good bulbs in them. Checking to see what it will cost to get the fender, bumper cover and hood painted. The guy that looked at it said he could match it up pretty close. I still have the emblem for the nose cone and might get him to grind out a little section to put that back in.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 AM

i got my bumper cover 100 bucks off ebay. free shipping

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Cover