93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Exhaust setup

Is anyone gonna give this guy any possitive info? You've all told him what not to do when he has obviously said he doesn't know much about this. He wants advice on what to do... I understand he needs to know not to run open exaust but come on guys, your raggin on him now and its a little rediculous. I wish I knew what sounded good on a V6 man I would help you out but I'm just not sure. Maybe try thehotrodders.com forum.. those guys are cool and wont give you a bunch of bull%$&# because you dont know much.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 AM
2nd Gear member

Incase you didnt notice, Pacesetter was recommended for headers, because they are the only company that makes headers for the v6 Camaros, and try to keep up the acronyms, when i said SLP FTW! that means Street Legal Performance For The Win!!! (Dont read to much into it but that would imply i gave a suggestion, a positive suggestion) And besides, he asked for peoples opinions and they responded, there was no bs there cmon bro.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Overdrive Member

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/.../V6Headers.htm

These people make headers for the V6 3.8. They're a bit more expensive, but I've heard good things about them.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

He didnt ask for anyones opinions.. he asked for help. Hopefully he knows now that he dont need cutouts and he's pretty much stuck with pacesetter headers (which is what he was gonna use anyway)but where should he go from there? I just dont think this guy has enough info here to put an exaust together and thats really all he was looking for. And red I wasnt exactly refering to your response.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 AM

GOD BLESS forum replies. I really mean it. I love when you ask for help on how to do something, and you get some 'rain on the parade' yahoo who thinks it's his place to make comments about what the person is wanting help with. They can go **** off. If you want to do something to your car, you shouldn't have to be afraid to ask for help for fear that some Internet mind bully will criticize you for your interest or parts you want to swap. A bunch of losers out there though.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear member

Sorry didnt mean to be an a--hole, just a little jealous when other people talk about what they are doin and i cant afford anything... [:@] but on that note Blink you are the only person i have heard that had a bad experience with pacesetter headers. Did you intsall those yourself or have a shop do it? My neighbor has an 04 stang with pacesetters on it and they frickin rock, sounds good too.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

since alot of people are complaining about people not answering the question buuuuuut not accutally going ahead and then answering it let me answer your queston...... okay so youve got the three biggest components of a exaught set up...... headers, intake and cat back...... pacesetter headers are generally fine some times take some creativity but theres like one other brand making them and there hella expensive..... intake well for the most part its hard to go wrong there slp, kn , chrome intakes all fine choices as long as installed properly. now as far as a cat back i didnt and wouldnt go with flowmasters just becuse A.i dont like the way they sound B.magnaflows the only one ive found dyno proven to add 12-13 horse. other things you might want to cosider highflow cat? or cat delete wont make a huge differance either way. however if you going pure preformance then cat delete is the way to go assuming your state has no emissions....other than that as stated above several times..... cut outs are for high end dragstars in the application its a bit to far.... beyond that enjoy it youll for sure be feeling a up in the ponys with a full set up like that.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

BigNic.... You Rock Dude