93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Magnaflow had a couple sound clips on their website with a 3.8 running their system, it sounded real good. That was a while ago that I found it, it may not be there anymore

Old 05-01-2010, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by greg w
Magnaflow had a couple sound clips on their website with a 3.8 running their system, it sounded real good. That was a while ago that I found it, it may not be there anymore
i know they still have sound clips but i think only of a v8

Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Overdrive Member

I went with Borla... I like the adjustable sound with the provided restrictor plates...

Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM

I've to decided to go with a headers to magnaflow setup. I saw something about get a y-pipe too. How does that help with performance? Also if I leave the cat off, will the check engine light stay. I know it has done that on my previous vehicles.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CamaroGuard96
I've to decided to go with a headers to magnaflow setup. I saw something about get a y-pipe too. How does that help with performance? Also if I leave the cat off, will the check engine light stay. I know it has done that on my previous vehicles.
pacesetter headers come with a y-pipe and they are a pretty common and affordable choice when it comes to v6 headers

Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Overdrive Member

Yes, so get a simulator or get it tuned out of the computer.

Also if I leave the cat off, will the check engine light stay. I know it has done that on my previous vehicles.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have Pacesetter Headers on my 97 camaro, the sound is alot more deep throaty. but the rest of the exhaust is still stock exept the muffler and tips, the muffler is a flowmaster. i was thinking of deleting the cat and go magnaflow or flowmaster from the headers.
do you think flowmaster with pacesetter is a good combination?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Personally I love flowmaster. On a V6 it sounds really good. Not as loud as Magnaflow or Cherry Bomb, but good, deep sound.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I use a cat-back system which ive never seen anyone with yet on their camaro. Most people put this catback system on their truck.

Its called Flo-Pro, sounds rreeeaaallll deep and when you WOT, it gets REAL loud with 0% whine. The ONLY time it sounds like it whines a little is when you put it in park and rev. I love my catback, its not very popular though

Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 PM

checked out your post and saw the mention of the x and y-pipes, correct me if im wrong but the x-pipe creates a vacuum effect getting the exhaust out a bit more efficiently, if you dont have other mods then you wont gain to much hp right? as for the brand idk what to tell ya, my 3.4l bird has something on it(previous owner had it put on) and it sounds pretty nice, even better with the slight cam it has
i didnt pay to much attention to the year of your vehicle but if you have an obd1 system(1995-earlier i think) then you shouldn't have an o2 sensor back at the cat therefore the light shouldn't come on i dont think, if you have the obd2 system then you will need a o2 simulator i believe(i dont know if they actually work) one other thing to look into is what about a high flow cat? if your spending the money on the exhaust i would check into that, although once again, idk if they actually work

Quick Reply: Exhaust