93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Dyno Question and others

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Dyno Question and others

Has anyone had a dyno and a tune up done to their 3.8? I know they only recommend getting it done with lots of modifications to the car. But I only have a flowmaster 80 series and will probably get the SLP Cold Air to get rid of that STUPID stock air intake. So does anyone have about the same setup and have had a dyno done?

Does anyone know of any dyno shops around Salem/Roanoke VA?

I also have a question about the suspension....My car is mostly completely stock, it has almost 106000 miles. So how often should you replace the shocks/ any other suspension parts?

Finally, does anyone ever experience a vibration when they brake at slower speeds? I have had the rotors turned on the front, new pads and new linings on the rear drumbs. Tires are balanced.....so i'm pretty much out of ideas onwhat could be wrong. Around 60+ mph there is a vibration i can feel in my seat and all the passengers can too. You can even see it shake the sun visors. Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks

Old 12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Dyno Question and others

with that many miles you will notice a difference with new struts & shocks; sounds like you may also have an alignment or other suspension problem. (struts are shot?)

Also grab a Whisper lid with your SLP CAI, you will like the net improvement.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok thanks. I'll probably look into getting all of that replaced. I like the ride height so probably just factory replacement parts unless someone can point me in a better direction.

I don't think i can use a whisper lid on a 97. I think that was for the 98+ model. But this is what I'm going to get.
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21013

Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Ninja Administrator

pulsing or shaking during breaking can often mean a warped rotor or drum.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah see i think it needs new rotors personally because they are the same ones from when the car was bought. now the drums idk much about them other then the fact they make the car look proportional and old. I thought about putting in a Z28 rear end but right now i see no reason to.

The other day when i was going up a hill i tried to accelerate and i heard something like a grinding noise coming from the rear end. Could that mean i need to check the fluid levels in the rear end?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Overdrive Member

Vibration at 60+ may be the driveshaft acting up.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hmm...how do you test to see if it is the driveshaft?

02StanGT i see that you have a 1997 RS. How did you get your gauge color changed because i just had a bulb go out near my gas gauge. and how did you get your 4300K HID lows and 3000K fogs?

Old 12-04-2008, 11:10 PM
2nd Gear member

changing a light in your gauges isnt that hard. u just have to take the dash peices around it off and then unscrew it. once u get everything out, just disconnect the electrical hookup and u can take the whole gauge cluster out of the car. once u get that out, the bulbs are right there on the back of the cluster

Old 12-04-2008, 11:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey thanks RS96LSU. What type of lights will i need to get? And do you like them in your car?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Overdrive Member

I did a writeup on both of the questions you asked with pics included. Gauge writeup (Click me), and HID writeup (Click).

Quick Reply: Dyno Question and others