93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Driver side door will not open from the outside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Default Driver side door will not open from the outside.

First off, I've been looking for info on this for about 30 minutes, and I happened to come across this site and it looks promising.

Today I was going to leave my school but when I pulled the door handle, it wouldn't open. At first I thought I might have accidentally pressed the lock button on my keyless entry that morning, as I never lock my car. Well, that didn't work. So I kept wondering what was up, and then I tried opening my passenger door, and it worked. After I got home, I looked at the door handles on each side and noticed that both had a rod of sorts that attaches to the door handle and is pushed down as you pull up on the handle (at least I'm assuming, as I'm just now starting to get into auto mechanics and body work). When I looked at the driver side handle closer, I could see that it looks like the rod came off of the door handle, leaving it as, essentially, a hangning chunk of metal.

My family is running a bit hard on cash, so if this is something I could do myself, wonderful. Do you people know how to fix it? Anything can help, and pictures or diagrams would be greatly appriciated.

On a slightly related side note, do you know of any catalouges or websites that either specialize in 4th gen Camaro restoration parts? Or somewhere that I can find almost everything for my car like headliners, sun visors, rearview mirrors and etc.? I have Eckler's/Rick's Camaro, but it only has so many products for my car.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
4th Gear Member

There is a little white plastic retainer that slides over the end of the rod and snaps into the other piece. You can by these at places like Autozone, Advance Auto, etc in the "Help" section for just a few bucks. Check out ebay for stuff like headliners, sunvisors, etc as well as your local bone yards but ...........this is the only camaro site! LOL.