93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

To drive it you must love it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default To drive it you must love it...

and right about now i wanna "accidently" drop my camaro off the lift so it still on shop im still working on putting rear end together and decided id take a break to look into my p0300 (random multiple cylinder misfire) that occured prior to the rear end issue...

most common reason for this code is bad plugs so i pulled the plugs ( i dont even wanna go there with out much swearing i did under the car pulling these plugs) and come to find out the plugs were fine.... but i was down there and replaced them anyways

the whole incident occured when i was hopping on the free way i floored it let off the gas came to a coast and the idiot light popped on ... so i reached into back seat grabbed code scanner checked code cleared it hopped off free way threw some new gas in it and fuel stabilizer and didnt have the issue again...

then the "incedent" happened about 1 month later where a left hand turn led to the death of my differential...

as i drove it to the shop with the lovely grind from behind the code came back...

now my car has been on a lift for over a month i dont know if the fuel in the vehicle has gone bad or not but once i turned on the car i ran it for a few minutes no code.... i revved it up to about 3600 and the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp/ service engine soon) light starts flashing ( common for the p0300 code ) i left off bring it down to 3400 and it goes solid but stayed on... i figured hey lets try that again!!! 3600+ flashing MIL 3500 and lower it stays solid

im assuming all three coils didnt go bad at the same time to cause the random multiple cylinder misfire and when you lean in real close you can here a faint miss and it really doesnt affect the drivability because in the vehicle you dont feel a misfire at all ( i may only be 20 but ive been working on cars since i was 14 i know what a misfire feels like) and i havent experienced any power loss

im pretty stumped at this point

i faithfully use lucas fuel injector cleaner / fuel stabilizer so i dont think its on the mechanical end of injectors

i have not gotten a chance to check the fuel pressure but i'd think if it was loss of fuel pressure itd be a drivability issue...

well hell a misfire in general should cause a drivability issue...

i knew i shoulda just done the v8 swap when i started rebuilding the rear end the donor car is sitting right there....

as im busy kicking myself....

im pretty sure you guys are going to tell me to go check the fuel pressure... i will on tuesday but i want to lie to myself and tell myself its not the fuel pump for right now haha so whats everyone think?

recent replacements...
plugs/wires
ECM
MAF
IAT
TPS
fuel filter
gas cap
tensioner/ belt
brakes
3.73 gears w/ full time locker ( not installed but its sitting there and looks pretty! gotta finish paying for it before im allowed to install it)
inner /outter bearings

so whatcha guys think

and yes i know my list has parts completely unrelated i just have to keep reminding myself ive put too much work into it to drop it off the lift lol