93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

dirt cheap turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Default dirt cheap turbo kit

Hey

I was wondering if there is ANY type of forced induction for the 3.8 camaros. I found alot, but they are around 3500-4k and higher (turbos and s/c). I just want something cheap, not a 60mm turbo or anything great like that. I'm thinking I should piece one together, im sure I can save alot, but I don't know any turbo kit that is good that I can use to build my own kit =/

TIA!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: dirt cheap turbo kit

its gonna take alot of time, effort, and money to custom fab one or try to frankenstien one together....i dont quite remember but i think you said you owned a supra before? im gonna guess they had TONS for turbos and what not in the aftermarket sector. Not so much for the f-bodies. if you are really mechanically inclined you could swap in an l67, but that would again take alot of custom fabrication...alot of time...and money... anywhere you go with an f-body and the word "performance" there are going to be high prices.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 AM
3rd Gear Member

They do have something like you want. Its not a turbo, but its a dirt cheap pro-charger. The Pro charger it self is only about $70, but you will need to build a custom spot infront of the engine for it to sit.

It pushes air at 120 mph, which isent the most boost, but its good.

Here it is: Dirt Cheap Pro-Charger

Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Overdrive Member

Never seen one like that before... Least not with batteries.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear member

Combine that with the SS Ram air hood and you can get that air going at 200+ mph on the highway.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: red94v6

its gonna take alot of time, effort, and money to custom fab one or try to frankenstien one together....i dont quite remember but i think you said you owned a supra before? im gonna guess they had TONS for turbos and what not in the aftermarket sector. Not so much for the f-bodies. if you are really mechanically inclined you could swap in an l67, but that would again take alot of custom fabrication...alot of time...and money... anywhere you go with an f-body and the word "performance" there are going to be high prices.
ya, i had a supra. its such a big difference, going from a supra to a camaro, but i still love my camaro! and yes, i had that feeing too, any type of performance will burn ur wallet =/

Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 PM

walmart? lol, i actually laughed when the link loaded. so how would I use it? Should I make it somehow push air through the intake or straight to the intake manifold?[&:]

Old 01-18-2008, 12:10 PM

http://www.myhotbmw.com/prod/Ram/Per..._-_15HP/536749

"The 2006 Model RAM is now an 833 WATT, 60 amp axial-flow compressor that blasts out 3.0 lbs. of thrust at 800cfm"

it seems to me its not only for bimmers, its universal the way they're talking about it

Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: soupah

walmart? lol, i actually laughed when the link loaded. so how would I use it? Should I make it somehow push air through the intake or straight to the intake manifold?[&:]
it was a joke.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: TheStig

ORIGINAL: soupah

it was a joke.
don't ever joke with noobs! they take everything seriously!! especially people with 400 posts!

Quick Reply: dirt cheap turbo kit