93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Crank, rumble rumble, stall.. Bad spark?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011 | 10:10 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by androzer
My Camaro got hot after hour of driving, the RPM is not going more than 3 and the car doesn't accelerate its just normal when u don't push much on the peddle.
I left it for about 5 hours to get cold and every thing got normal (its RPM goes so normal )!
is this problem of fuel pump?
That sounds more like the symptoms of my car when an ignition coil failed. Do you have any codes? Does the car run really rough and shake when you're trying to accelerate?

Old 09-05-2011 | 10:15 AM
|
2nd Gear member

My Camaro got hot after hour of driving, the RPM is not going more than 3 and the car doesn't accelerate its just normal when u don't push much on the peddle.
I left it for about 5 hours to get cold and every thing got normal (its RPM goes so normal )!
is this problem of fuel pump?
The heating up problem is something to do with your cooling system. Run your car until it gets hot and see if your fan is kicking on at all. if not, thats your overheating problem which is famous as anything with these camaros. If not, than it could be the radiator, coolant hoses, coolant tank, low fluid, leaking ends. The acceleration problem could be the fuel pump, fuel injectors, leaking or cut fuel line, bad fuel rail, severely off time but there would be a tapping noise than, honestly, it could be a lot of things. you would need someone more experienced than i am to answer this. try posting this under the tech posts.

Old 09-05-2011 | 10:28 AM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, we need some more information. When you say hot, do you mean normal running temp, or overheating?

The reason I mentioned the coil is because my car ran fine before the car got warm, then the coil started acting up and causing a misfire.

If you're overheating, I would start a new detailed thread for that.

Old 09-05-2011 | 11:45 AM
2nd Gear member
Default I meant Worm

When I said hot i meant the car is warm at normal temperature there is no problem with temperature gauge, but what is happening with me that not as soon it gets warm , u need to drive it for more than half an hour after being warm to start feel such symptoms , RPM dosent go more than 3 and u can hear kind of ( BLUP) sound coming out of the exhaust.
I have question: Dose Fuel Pump power change as much as u push on the peddle, or its constant and the engine takes what it needs and what is extra back it to the Tank?
Cus I think its Fuel Pump problem it cant pump much Benzine to satisfy more than 3RPM?
any way I am going to take it to professorial and tell u guys what is the problem!
could be from Alternator is not suppling much power after Driving it gets hot!
thx For ur fast responding guys.

Old 09-05-2011 | 11:55 AM
2nd Gear member

Is the power the same up to 3k RPM? Is your check engine light on? Probably would be best to take it in.

Old 09-09-2011 | 08:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

sounds to me like his ignition control module is going out on the high side... that's exactly what mine did, o'rielys or auto zone can test it for you... best if you replace the coils if you have to replace that.

Old 09-09-2011 | 08:18 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, definitely something electrical like that I would say.

Old 09-10-2011 | 09:51 AM
2nd Gear member
Default THX on advance

The ignition control module has this symptoms when the car gets hot( Warm for more than hour)?
and is there risk that the car will stop work at all!
cause i showed to mechanics and they recommended to change the alternator and the fuel pump
I started with alternator and after few month i will replace fuel pump and sending unit ( since the indicator shows empty on half and full beyond the last white line).
and the original alternator for Z28 is 140 AMP? right?
when u don't have Sufficient mechanics and GM dealer in ur country u will fell like this :

American Cars Lives.

Old 09-10-2011 | 09:58 AM
|
2nd Gear member

The ignition control module has this symptoms when the car gets hot( Warm for more than hour)?
and is there risk that the car will stop work at all!
cause i showed to mechanics and they recommended to change the alternator and the fuel pump
I started with alternator and after few month i will replace fuel pump and sending unit ( since the indicator shows empty on half and full beyond the last white line).
and the original alternator for Z28 is 140 AMP? right?
when u don't have Sufficient mechanics and GM dealer in ur country u will fell like this :

American Cars Lives.
The way you will know when your fuel pump is going depending on temperature is on hot days, its harder to start, as well as times after you have already run it. On cold days or the first start of the day, its easy. Thats the symptoms Ive run into. I changed my alternator as well, didnt do a thing. It is normal for these cars to not read the amount of gas correctly and go far past the line of full as I have noticed. Yes it is 140amp. Lastly, yes, the car does have a 75% chance of just not starting up one day soon.