93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Crank, rumble rumble, stall.. Bad spark?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear member

Im surprised, usually I get a response within 3 hours.
haha

Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear member

I can't really see much from the pictures, but I've seen better and worse. Those wires should probably be replaced too. Who knows how old they are...

Old 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by vanquishfist
I can't really see much from the pictures, but I've seen better and worse. Those wires should probably be replaced too. Who knows how old they are...
Well my fuel filter didnt look like it was ever changed since the car was built. Somehow I think its the same with the plugs, wires, coil packs and icm.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 9434V6
Well my fuel filter didnt look like it was ever changed since the car was built. Somehow I think its the same with the plugs, wires, coil packs and icm.
Yeah it should be surprising to find original plugs and wires on a used car, but to me it isn't anymore...

Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by vanquishfist
Yeah it should be surprising to find original plugs and wires on a used car, but to me it isn't anymore...
The sad part is, I went to the junkyard to see if I could find any decent ones just to get my car running again until my new ones come in the mail, and I didnt expect to find anything good at a junkyard. But uhhh, about that.. The junkyard plugs looked new in comparison to my plugs. Like the junkyard ones still had some rust on the actual nut part where you connect the socket onto, besides that, clean threads, clean heads, clean and nice and close gap. Its pretty bad when the plugs in your car are 5 times worse than that found in a junkyard.. even the plug wires were in way better shape. And I got another idle control valve and sensor as well as the intake temp sensor. So HOPEFULLY I got enough to get my car running again. If not, Im just buying everything new.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Do you smell any fuel under the hood when you prime the fuel pump? I just had a nasty fuel rail issue where the rail was spewing gas out where it sits on the injectors. Turns out it was my fault, o rings weren't put on right when I messed with fuel rail, but it caused backfiring and hard starts until I had the massive blow out last night. Now after several hours of swearing all is well.

Good luck

Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Schuy69
Do you smell any fuel under the hood when you prime the fuel pump? I just had a nasty fuel rail issue where the rail was spewing gas out where it sits on the injectors. Turns out it was my fault, o rings weren't put on right when I messed with fuel rail, but it caused backfiring and hard starts until I had the massive blow out last night. Now after several hours of swearing all is well.

Good luck
If that happened to me, especially while I was driving and have been for a while, the heat of the engine should have ignited the gas. Plus I dont think it would sound like it had a stage 3 cam in it if it wasnt getting gas. That has to be something to do with igniting the gas. Be it the coil packs, plug wires, or plugs. I got an idea from a few people to check a few control modules too. Thanks for the suggestion, I should check it out just in case its bad like everything else so far.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 9434V6
If that happened to me, especially while I was driving and have been for a while, the heat of the engine should have ignited the gas. Plus I dont think it would sound like it had a stage 3 cam in it if it wasnt getting gas. That has to be something to do with igniting the gas. Be it the coil packs, plug wires, or plugs. I got an idea from a few people to check a few control modules too. Thanks for the suggestion, I should check it out just in case its bad like everything else so far.
its sad how we have the same issue, my car has been running better lately but the longer it runs the more it sounds like i have a good sized cam in it when as far as i know i dont lol...still dont have the money to throw into mine right now so im hoping when you get this figured out you will let me know what the actual problem was or what solved the issue. and i will do the same for you if i get it figured out before you do

Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by buck658
its sad how we have the same issue, my car has been running better lately but the longer it runs the more it sounds like i have a good sized cam in it when as far as i know i dont lol...still dont have the money to throw into mine right now so im hoping when you get this figured out you will let me know what the actual problem was or what solved the issue. and i will do the same for you if i get it figured out before you do
Sounds like an agreement to me. Ill let you know what I figure out. I wish the plugs weren't such a pain to change in the camaro though.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear member
Default FUEl Pump?

My Camaro got hot after hour of driving, the RPM is not going more than 3 and the car doesn't accelerate its just normal when u don't push much on the peddle.
I left it for about 5 hours to get cold and every thing got normal (its RPM goes so normal )!
is this problem of fuel pump?

Quick Reply: Crank, rumble rumble, stall.. Bad spark?