93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Considering PaceSetter Headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 PM

well i dynoed my car b4 i did the full exhaust and it was 182 hp 210 ftlbs/tq
now with hi flow cat and flowmasters, it picked up alot. i keep em spinning half way thru 3rd b4 i cetch.
with the egr valve, its made of tht stupid acordian hose (for lack of a better word) and trying to get it perfectly lined up the the header is a mirical lol. mine snapped right off, it would probally b easier if you heat it a bit then bend it, or install it on the header 1st, then line up the headers and bolt em on.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear member

I've been sitting on a new set of ceramic-coated Pacesetters for over two years. After I got them, I read about all the problems with the EGR and such. Now, I'm just waiting for the day I have to pull the motor for a rebuild and then I'll add the headers and figure out the EGR issue then. I'd hate to be dealing with all that crap while it's in car. That's my hope, anyways. LOL

Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by RedKnight
I've been sitting on a new set of ceramic-coated Pacesetters for over two years. After I got them, I read about all the problems with the EGR and such. Now, I'm just waiting for the day I have to pull the motor for a rebuild and then I'll add the headers and figure out the EGR issue then. I'd hate to be dealing with all that crap while it's in car. That's my hope, anyways. LOL
Heh, what will you take for them?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Overdrive Member

TWO YEARS?!

Talk about flushing money down the drain -- get some use of them and install or sell... They aren't collector items, ya know.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear member

LMAO! Yeah, I know I need to put them on. I just hope they work out better than the SLP CAI that was nothing but a noise maker. I have a line on a good 3.8 out of a '97 that I might be able to wrangle for $300. If so, I'll go through that motor and add the headers then.

Last edited by RedKnight; 06-28-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No longer considering them. I bought them. LOL or better or worse..... They are in my living room. Now to install them

Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Overdrive Member

That means you got about 9 HP more than a cat-back JUST from a high-flow cat?! No other mods except FM catback & high flow cat? Which brand cat?

JUST a FM Catback on an '01 is worth 11 RWHP:
http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/part1.htm

So I cannot believe you have another 9 just from a high flow cat --post your dyno chart.

So you have Pacesetters then? Dyno AFTER Pacesetters was WHAT?

Originally Posted by SCar1324
well i dynoed my car b4 i did the full exhaust and it was 182 hp 210 ftlbs/tq
now with hi flow cat and flowmasters, it picked up alot. i keep em spinning half way thru 3rd b4 i cetch.
with the egr valve, its made of tht stupid acordian hose (for lack of a better word) and trying to get it perfectly lined up the the header is a mirical lol. mine snapped right off, it would probally b easier if you heat it a bit then bend it, or install it on the header 1st, then line up the headers and bolt em on.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Overdrive Member

No, I noticed a good improvement at highway speeds with my SLP CAI.

LMAO! Yeah, I know I need to put them on. I just hope they work out better than the SLP CAI that was nothing but a noise maker. I have a line on a good 3.8 out of a '97 that I might be able to wrangle for $300. If so, I'll go through that motor and add the headers then.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
No, I noticed a good improvement at highway speeds with my SLP CAI.
as did i.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Overdrive Member

He's got a '96, so the CAI design is a little different -- might not be as noticeable. 98-02 is good though.

Originally Posted by midwestdave33
as did i.

Quick Reply: Considering PaceSetter Headers ?