jeb
In the Staging Lanes
Default chrome air intakes

those like 30$ air intakes on ebay do they for real work

thanks
jeb

Old 02-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Overdrive Member

Alot of people recommend a seller on there called Chrome Intakes. I believe that is there name anyways. They are pretty damn close if not the same for performance, as the more expensive ones. The way it was explained to me, was that they are so cheap because the don't have a C.A.R.B. rating/number. Make sure it is one that goes from all the way from the throttle body to the filter. There are some that just replace the filter box.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Overdrive Member

the only thing about chrome is it collects heat more than it would the thick plastic used on the more expensive intakes.But yeah it is pretty close, especially for the money.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

i have the chrome air intakes
and it sounds and works good
and i have driven it for a long time
and the pipe doesnt get real warm at all

Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
2nd Gear member

ive got a chrome intakes one off ebay. it has a k&n filter on the end and i love it. it was about $75 including shipping. it works great and im getting about 2 miles to the gallon better mileage with it

Old 02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

ok so the pic shows it going from the hose off the throtle body and goes down i dont see one that comes straight off the

Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
4th Gear Member

Intakes for the most part on these cars consist of two main hoses. The elbow which comes from the throttle body and the actual intake hose. You can get an intake elbow (which really just eliminates the "donkey dong" or the air silencer or w/e its called and its smooth inside doesnt gain much power by itself but with a CAI it should help a bit. As for the chrome intake they are great, they work a bit better than stock however chrome intakes in my opinion are more for show cars and do collect heat no matter what people say they get warm and thus heat the air inside. a plastic intake will keep the air inside cooler thus making it an actual COLD air intake. either way works it just depends on how much you want to spend. In my opinion if you want to buy a CAI thats cheap go for the chrome, if you want a bit more performance out of it go for a plastic one that will cost you a bit more but will keep the air inside a bit cooler.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

will the chrome one make the overall temp of my car go up??

Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Overdrive Member

No, the temperature of your intake charge isn't going to have hardly any bearing on the actual temp your car runs at, it's just going to have an affect on HP.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:52 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

does the chrome intake make a notice differnce

Quick Reply: chrome air intakes