Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 V6 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/)
-   -   can you identify these pics? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/can-you-identify-these-pics-60730/)

Dana 04-04-2011 06:38 PM

can you identify these pics?

5 Attachment(s)
Most of this is a continuation of "car wont start". So if you're new to my confusion, I have 2 other threads with back ground info.

This first pic was taken with my BlackBerry so its not as clear. Its under the car near oil filter and isn't plugged into anything. Name this part! lol

Attachment 27545

These next 3 are different angles of the same two wires. One "looks" to me like it may have plugged in an alternator? Dont know what the skinny thing is but neither are plugged into anything.

Attachment 27546
Attachment 27547
Attachment 27548

And this last one isn't anything to do with my "no start" but when I first got the car sometimes that rubber boot like thing would always pop open. What is this?? ITs the thing nearly in center of both pic.

Attachment 27549

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 07:28 PM

That one in the second pic with the blue around the edges of the plug looks just like the one I pulled out of the side of my tranny when I did my tranny swap yesterday.

Dana 04-04-2011 07:40 PM

Ok. It has a new tranny in it about year ago so that must not be important if that's what it is.

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 10:12 PM

I think it might be for the reverse lights? But don't quote me on that lol. Will that plug even reach the tranny?

3800camaro 04-04-2011 10:58 PM

Lol. There's a few plugs on the car like that. What are the wire colours? That'll help with where it should go.

Socom 04-04-2011 11:15 PM

The first pic looks to be a ground. If I remember correctly I had it grounded to the oil pan. In the second pic, the skinny wire is where you can run a 12v lead to test the fuel pump. The connector that has the green and black wire goes to the AC Compressor. The final 2 pics is the boot that goes to the manifold for the PCV system.

Hope that answers your questions

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 11:25 PM

^What a beast!

Massey 04-05-2011 10:58 AM

Not sure the black and green wired plug is for the A/C. It reminds me of the oil level plug more than the A/C plug. Do you have an oil level light on? I will see if I can dig up some schematics to find out exactly what that one is. I know it is not the Alternator tho that one is a small red and a large red.

Massey

Dana 04-05-2011 11:27 AM

LOl My son's oil light comes on but no mine wasn't on. Funny chaotic94 mentioned reverse lights because they dont work.

Can the fact that the lug thing under car isn't grounded be causing the no starts? Would it have not been "not starting" all along if that was/wasn't grounded?

This plug in question is coming out of the same "ribbed type tube" as the single red "alt" wire.

Dana 04-05-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Socom (Post 525623)
The first pic looks to be a ground. If I remember correctly I had it grounded to the oil pan. In the second pic, the skinny wire is where you can run a 12v lead to test the fuel pump. The connector that has the green and black wire goes to the AC Compressor. The final 2 pics is the boot that goes to the manifold for the PCV system.

Hope that answers your questions

Why does the boot pop open? When we first got the car it would pop open when jumping it off. It would also do it if trying to start and it not crank first time.