Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 V6 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/)
-   -   can you identify these pics? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/can-you-identify-these-pics-60730/)

Dana 04-04-2011 06:38 PM

can you identify these pics?

5 Attachment(s)
Most of this is a continuation of "car wont start". So if you're new to my confusion, I have 2 other threads with back ground info.

This first pic was taken with my BlackBerry so its not as clear. Its under the car near oil filter and isn't plugged into anything. Name this part! lol

Attachment 27545

These next 3 are different angles of the same two wires. One "looks" to me like it may have plugged in an alternator? Dont know what the skinny thing is but neither are plugged into anything.

Attachment 27546
Attachment 27547
Attachment 27548

And this last one isn't anything to do with my "no start" but when I first got the car sometimes that rubber boot like thing would always pop open. What is this?? ITs the thing nearly in center of both pic.

Attachment 27549

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 07:28 PM

That one in the second pic with the blue around the edges of the plug looks just like the one I pulled out of the side of my tranny when I did my tranny swap yesterday.

Dana 04-04-2011 07:40 PM

Ok. It has a new tranny in it about year ago so that must not be important if that's what it is.

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 10:12 PM

I think it might be for the reverse lights? But don't quote me on that lol. Will that plug even reach the tranny?

3800camaro 04-04-2011 10:58 PM

Lol. There's a few plugs on the car like that. What are the wire colours? That'll help with where it should go.

Socom 04-04-2011 11:15 PM

The first pic looks to be a ground. If I remember correctly I had it grounded to the oil pan. In the second pic, the skinny wire is where you can run a 12v lead to test the fuel pump. The connector that has the green and black wire goes to the AC Compressor. The final 2 pics is the boot that goes to the manifold for the PCV system.

Hope that answers your questions

Chaotic94 04-04-2011 11:25 PM

^What a beast!

Massey 04-05-2011 10:58 AM

Not sure the black and green wired plug is for the A/C. It reminds me of the oil level plug more than the A/C plug. Do you have an oil level light on? I will see if I can dig up some schematics to find out exactly what that one is. I know it is not the Alternator tho that one is a small red and a large red.

Massey

Dana 04-05-2011 11:27 AM

LOl My son's oil light comes on but no mine wasn't on. Funny chaotic94 mentioned reverse lights because they dont work.

Can the fact that the lug thing under car isn't grounded be causing the no starts? Would it have not been "not starting" all along if that was/wasn't grounded?

This plug in question is coming out of the same "ribbed type tube" as the single red "alt" wire.

Dana 04-05-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Socom (Post 525623)
The first pic looks to be a ground. If I remember correctly I had it grounded to the oil pan. In the second pic, the skinny wire is where you can run a 12v lead to test the fuel pump. The connector that has the green and black wire goes to the AC Compressor. The final 2 pics is the boot that goes to the manifold for the PCV system.

Hope that answers your questions

Why does the boot pop open? When we first got the car it would pop open when jumping it off. It would also do it if trying to start and it not crank first time.

Massey 04-05-2011 11:41 AM

I studied a few schematics from shbox and the best I can determine is the dark green and black wires and plug are for either the cooling fan relay (dk green/dk blue) or the horns (dk green/blk). With out seeing the car and where the components are located and where the wire will reach I dont know. I will check out my friend's 95 today when I get home to see what plugs in on the pass side that is green/black.

Massey

Massey

Dana 04-05-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 3800camaro (Post 525613)
Lol. There's a few plugs on the car like that. What are the wire colours? That'll help with where it should go.

Wires are green and black.

Dana 04-05-2011 11:54 AM

We have another 95 camaro but my son is at school right now. It's not like it's helped a whole lot as our alternator is plugged in just like his and we're still sitting parked lol

There's another wire thats taped off and wrapped near battery thats suppose to be a fan. Thats what the guy told me. I'm not understanding if it was needed or not. Its a yellow wire.

Dana 04-05-2011 05:34 PM

So whatever the plug is with black and green wires, we found where it goes. We looked on the other car and see where its suppose to plug in at. Anyway, whatever it is/was, its not plugged in lol

Still wondering what or why that wire isn't grounded under car and if that contributed to the car not starting or shutting off.

Massey 04-05-2011 05:42 PM

That wire would have more to do with the car running bad, doing some strange things or shutting off after a while. As for not starting prolly not going to cause that. If the car turns over you know the starter, battery and cables are not the issue. If it wont fire up then you need to check for spark, and fuel. If you get both of those then you could simply be flooded and need to put the petal down and turn it over for a few seconds.

If you have no spark check things like your ICM, coilds, CKS and grounds. If you get no or not enough fuel then check the fuel pump (apply 12V to that single tan colored wire in your pictures), FPR or the VATS system is messing with you.

Massey

Dana 04-05-2011 05:52 PM

Well the car never ran bad when it was running. But if you recall, when the new alternator and battery were first put in the car cranked. It ran for 2 minutes and shut off. It hasn't turned over at all since then.