93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

can i?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default can i?

after i get all my boltons, and before i get new heads and things like that deep into the motor or anything, would a cam made for a blower be okay if i left it na?? would it actually be benificial? i know i will get a tune with all these mods and things. i just need to know if it will hurt to leave it na with a cam for a blower?
im looking at some things from this place
http://www.abbottracingheads.com/gm3800.htm
cam is near the bottom of the page.
eventually and very long while from now it might be a turbo car. so i want to avoid having to swap it twice you know?
i dont think it will hurt just dont want to screw up my car.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: can i?

Do it all at once so you don't chance ****ing anything up =P I was going to cam my car as well and throw a stall on there (Still gonna put a stall)... BUt I decided to wait on my cam because me and some buddies might try to fit a supercharger on there.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Ninja Administrator

blower cams have high lift and lower ammounts of overlap. you can do this, and you would probably get some power out of it, but an NA cam would do much better for you. i wouldnt do it...... but thats just me. i thought you had given up on the FI option [&:]

Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

i just have given up on it for now, because my mom wont let me.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: keith_AE2010

i just have given up on it for now, because my mom wont let me.
Did you ask "please mother may I". Just be happly you have a car.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Ninja Administrator

if you have given up on it why do you want a blower cam?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

As spec said you can run it. And you will pick up a little bit of power as well. I would run the NA cam. Even if you go forced indution you can still use it with out hurting the engine. But you are talking about a lot of work. To make that kind of power to the ground and runing that timeyou would have to be runing a little more then what they are letting on. Also the car in the pic is on slicks probaly with a high stall or a hell of a clutch to get her off the line.

Start off small and take your time. Make sure its right the first time. If you jump in its going to cost you. This is also your only car. You do know that adding the kind of parts your talking about are going to hurt your MPG and create extra wear on a car that already has some age on her. Building a 350 HP V6 is cool. But if you blow your rear, engine, or trans out in the first week and and dont have the cash to fix itsucks. It sucks more if youhaveto sell the car for a fraction of what you have in so you have a beater to drive around in.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, I found that guy's page about his bird, he's got a 4k stall, higher comp rate, etc.
Its not just NA cammed lol.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

i know this is my only car, im not gonna sell it. and i wanted it for later when i may go fi, like in a few years when my mother cant tell me what to do with my car. i will do the car right when i fix it up, dont worry.
and yes i am glad i have a car that i paid for for everything. sixteen year olds that get crap handed to them make me mad. they dont appreciate it or take care of it.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

u kinda look to be in the neighborhood of 16 yourself. listen, everyone has the dream of going forced at some point.... its harder than it seems. im guessing as soon as mommy cant tell u what to do anymore you get the added benefit of having to buy your own ****. i dont mean the car and whatnot. clothes, food, rent, schooling if you so choose..... im betting u wont have the money for it then either.