93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Camaro v6 Missing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

so if it happened right after he got fuel it could have had some water in it and messed things up. would the water eventually mix with the fuel?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

The alcohol is to help absorb moisture born "water". If he has the equivalent of having a garden hose topping off his tank, then his problems are greater than what will solve itself. It wouldn't hurt to put a can or two of heet in the tank with the hopes of it soaking up any water that may be in there, provided it isn't a lake. That's why it would be interesting to tap some off after cracking open the fitting at the filter and see what it looks like. A full tank will probably keep running gas out of the open line. If not, you can keep turning the key on and off to run the pump through priming cycles to drain off some gas.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, I got the new camshaft sensor and I have no idea where it goes. I'm going to put that on, the new fuel filter, and run some heet in it. Hopefully this takes care of the problem..

Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

same situation happened to me give it a week burn the whole tank of gas and just about a week later it went away in this weather if you got something wet while washing it its going to stay wet after the week read the codes if you scan it now its going to tell you whats wrong, missfires ...ets but not whats causing it

Old 02-13-2010, 10:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I ran it to empty and filled it with shell 93 octane and it seems to be running a bit better, but still doing it. It does seem like its running better, but I"m not sure. I tried to get the guy at autozone to hook it up but he didnt know what he was doing and couldnt get the computer to read.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, I was talking to a guy at O'reillys that knows his **** and he was telling me if its a sensor the light should come on. But this missing only happens under a heavy load, in neutral when revving it doesn't do it asnd when barely getting on the accelorator it doesn't do it. Only happens when the car is between 1-3.5K RPM's and under a heavier load.

He was thinking it was the intake gasket leaking, which does make sense. Can anyone give me any more info on if these 3.4's are notorious for leaking intake gaskets, or if this might be my problem?

Thanks

Things replace so far in the last week

New fuel filter
New oil Filter and castrol 5W-30 oil
refueled the car with Shell's premium 93

Car seems to run a bit better but still seems to persist with the problem.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

pressure test it first dont just assume there right as bad as it sounds they are crooks even the ones that have done your car for years alot of people are in the hole and need a way out deliver parts all day and they rip people off all day he will charge you for a gasket and then use rtv silicon, if you do have a mechanic do it as a pain in the *** youll sound tell them you want all the invoices on the parts and packages you really need to have it scanned plus if the intake manifold was leaking it would trip sensors mass airflow etc ???? right maybe one of the overdrive members will back me up on that

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, its very time consuming and I know how to work on a car just all these sensors and everything throw me for a loop.
I'm not sure what it is, but Its really annoying that the car isn't running right, and I don't wanna tear anything else up. I would just take it to a shop, but that gets expensive fastt.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I dont like my title

sounds like a fuel or timing issue to me id test your fuel pressure at the regualtor or where ever it needs to be checked at but you would hear a leaking manny period.... so check your fuel psi.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah i know well if you lived any were near bergen county in nejersey id give you a hand lol

Quick Reply: Camaro v6 Missing?