93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

A/C low pressure Switch/Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Default A/C low pressure Switch/Window Motor

Ok first question is where in the world is the location of the A/C low pressure switch on a 1994 Camaro. I lost my alldata info so kinda stuck on this one. I have searched the lines up and down and can only find the high pressure switch. Please describe in detail pictures are even better.

Second question is I have had to replace my window motor last year and it went out about a month ago and I am going to replace it again. Could there be any reason why the second one ruined in a years time? Are camaros known to have to have window motors changed often?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Droid

The 94 model does not use a low pressure switch, uses a pressure sensor that does the function of both high & low pressure switches.

Window motor may be burning out due to excessive load. Make sure all parts of window regulator are well lubed and operate freely. Also make sure the plastic sheet that prevents rain water from getting to window mechanisms is still there.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by benjamindcox
Ok first question is where in the world is the location of the A/C low pressure switch on a 1994 Camaro. I lost my alldata info so kinda stuck on this one. I have searched the lines up and down and can only find the high pressure switch. Please describe in detail pictures are even better.

Second question is I have had to replace my window motor last year and it went out about a month ago and I am going to replace it again. Could there be any reason why the second one ruined in a years time? Are camaros known to have to have window motors changed often?
Did you replace it with a new one or a reconditioned one? The one I bought was a reconditioned one and it did not last a year. It had a year warranty from the parts store and they swapped it out free.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Ok I think that is probably the problem I pulled the regulator off my old motor and used it so it's probably bad and it was a reconditioned cheap one off of ebay :/. The motor that is. Also I have a high pressure switch but no low pressure switch. Replaced the high pressure switch.

Thanks so much guys and I don't think it was any of my switches, I am friends with a well known mechanic (for doing a good job) in my area and he told me that when he checked it that it ran fine for him when he recharged it, but I got it back from him 4 days later and it wasn't blowing cool at all, so he imagined I have a leak in the lines he also said that when I was having the intermittent problems could be from the ecm going bad.

Thx again for the help. Kinda reassured what I believed to be the problem with the window (contrary to what my father thought -.-).

Last edited by benjamindcox; 07-01-2009 at 09:12 PM.