Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Default Auto SUCKSSS!!

i have a 95 v6 3.4 t-tops AUTO!! I HATE AUTOMATIC
HELP PLZZZ!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Well, since you didnt mention what your problem was I will have to make assumptions. I dont think you want me to tell you what I am thinking your problem is.... so how about you help us out here.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 PM

i need to trade my car for a stick shift one

Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

to be fair, i dont think autos are that bad, i like my z28 been auto. But im from the UK so every car i have driven is a manual (stick shift), autos are best just to cruise around in, and when you get a trans go kit or something you can have instant down gears as you shift the auto! The best american drag cars are autos so there not all that bad

anyway, if you want and manual, trade the car for one

Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I've had a 3.4 Automatic Camaro before, so I feel your pain. I once got a ride in someone's 3.4 with a stick, and wow what a huge difference in performance that was. And I'm comparing two cars stock for stock, not modified.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

ah yes, there will be a big difference if its the 3.4 vs my experience with the V8, i assume its the same trans ratios and just a 3.23 rear?

Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Best way to fix your problem is to fine someone to trade or sell yours and buy another. THe cost and the work involved in a convertion would not be worth it. As a general rule the automatic bring more money so as long as you do not get a dealer involve and you don't rush it you should be able to end up with a little cash or a better car.

Both my Camaros are stick. Their may come a day where my age will not allow me to drive a stick any more. But besides that I am all about the stick.

I have heard on this site that most drag racers use automatics. The guy that sits next to me at work just came from a clutch manufacture. They only did clutchs for 2000+ HP drag cars. They where making 100's of clutchs per month. So there are drag racers out there that do not agree that automatic is the way to go.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
4th Gear Member

Auto is good for city driving, consistent times, ability to hold more power.

Stick is great for fun drives when you wanna sling gears. They're also easier to figure out where the problem is. A stick is also better on gas in the city than an auto.

I personally can't tell a difference between my auto 3.8 (when it was stock, I compared to a stick like mine) and a manual. Mainly because of how well made the 4l60e is and the first gear ratio. It makes up for the 5% power loss from a manual. A stall converter and some lower gears, and you've more than made up for that loss.

But it's much more fun to drive a stick. So to each his own I guess. I'd prefer a stick when I wanna play but an auto is so much easier to just drive around lol.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM

in my opinion buying an automatic camaro is borderline pointless. especially a v6.

Last edited by SidewaysDowntheHighways; 01-14-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
4th Gear Member

Your opinion is your opinion. An automatic will do better on the track. A V6 is fun, cheap, and can be easily made to go fast. Musicman spent $2500 (please correct me if I'm wrong Steve) and has a 14 flat V6 on his hands. And some people enjoy the challenge of being the underdog in a race or the reaction people have when you say, "No it's just a little V6."

But... To each his own. As I said, it's your opinion.

Quick Reply: Auto SUCKSSS!!