93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

any ideas....?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Default any ideas....?

ok heres the deal, I just picked up a 2001 camaro, V6, 5 speed, black, removable glass t-tops and all that great stuff. My question reguards what I should do to it first. Im on a budget, so I want the most for my money obviously. Any suggestions in performance upgrades is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: any ideas....?

first thing i would do is buy a nice exhaust. I have a 95 V6 and i just bought a stock z28 exhaust, just the muffler. got it off ebay for about $120. It sounds amazing for a V6. Its probably the best thing to buy for now. Eventually i would upgrade to a magnaflow or flowmaster, but in my case being a 16 year old guy and bringing in only about $90 a week, this was good for me for now.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

The first thing I'm going to do once I get my Camaro in March is to detail it. Next I will do regular maintenance that maybe the previous owner neglected to do as much as a Camaro enthusiast. Performance wise I would buy drilled and slotted rotors, and ceramic brake pads.(experience has shown that kevlar brake pads accumulate more dust) Next would be a new exhaust system to make your V6 sound aggressive. Other than that, all other upgrades I would do would be aesthetic or slight performance experimentation/modifications/upgrades. This being since I too am a new driver of 16 making only $20 an hour.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
3rd Gear Member

In addition to what I previously said, you might wan't to consider getting racing stripes too(they make the car go faster)

Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

explain to me how you think racing stripes make the car go faster....or do u mean LOOK like it goes faster?? Cause im sorta lost on how is will increase some horses

Old 12-18-2006, 01:16 AM

hold up, a 16 year old makin just 20 bucks an hour? where in the world is this guy workin? anyways about the v6, it kinda depends on which way you wanna go, i plan on gettin a 98 or up v6 in the next couple of weeks, i plan on gettin an exhust and new headers, i found some on summit and total would cost about 900 bucks, then go on ebay and find some exterior mods, some euros that go for 200 i found for about half that, but i advice you to spend money on not just looks but also motor mods. hope it helps

Old 12-18-2006, 02:42 AM
3rd Gear Member

I make $20 an hour doing market research and census data research. In addition to the racing stripes, they make the vehicle more aerodynamic, thus reducing drag.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

Get racing stripes, trust me[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 PM

It already has an exaust and headers on it. and i ordered the CAI the other day, so im out of ideas w/o blowin major cash

Old 12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The Banks, your so wrong for messin with the kids. All they want is a little guidance for petes sake. i hope your messin with them anyway because if your not you my friends are a moron. i am supprised you didnt mention that muffler bearings would add another 50hp and to use synthetic turn signal fluid. ha ha, you are too funny. listen guys, start with a tune-up if one has not been done in a while, then go with upgraded exhaust, intake and maybe a performance chip if you can afford one at a later date and time. just remember to drive like you have some since and leave the body mods and stripes for when you can back it up. last thing, don't rice out the da*n thing. leave all the glow lites off it and you will be good.

Quick Reply: any ideas....?