93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Anit-Freeze Leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Default RE: Anit-Freeze Leak!!

ORIGINAL: BoricuaHec01

Will that cost a lot?
If you do it yourself no, but if you take it somewhere, yes. Either way if its the water pump or the elbow its not extremely difficult, I mean its not fun or quick but it aint rocket science. Did you put your headers on yourself? Maybe about that hard Id say in terms of time if your the type to take breaks or dont have a repair manual to help.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

Come on!!!!!!!!
Replacing the elbows is more like rotating your tires time. The water pump is tires and oil change time. Taking for granted that you torque all your lug nuts and use 4 jack stands.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Overdrive Member

Water pump was alot easier than replacing that damn elbow. It'skind of a pain to fish out broken plastic from inside of where it fits in the intake. Can't even see it.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM

Regardless, neither of them is particularly difficult, PITA is different than difficult Id say.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Overdrive Member

True dat

Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Too bad my car died couple houses from me just now. Luckly it wasn't on the middle of the street, that wouldve been embarrasing. I was driving home and a block away my car just started shaking hard and it couldn't go more than1 mph so it stopped on side it, I couldn't reach the garage and just mad smoke was coming from the hood, I was too scared to open it haha. So hopefully is just a water pump cuz everything else you guys are talking about sounds too confusing.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Forgot to mention I looked underneath and a puddle of antifreeze was all over the place.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

puddle of antifreeze was all over the place.
fluid tends to run every where....did you happen to look at your temp gauge....

Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: BoricuaHec01

Too bad my car died couple houses from me just now. Luckly it wasn't on the middle of the street, that wouldve been embarrasing. I was driving home and a block away my car just started shaking hard and it couldn't go more than1 mph so it stopped on side it, I couldn't reach the garage and just mad smoke was coming from the hood, I was too scared to open it haha. So hopefully is just a water pump cuz everything else you guys are talking about sounds too confusing.
Your not mechanically inclined at all are you.....

Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member

So the problem wasn't the water pump, it was the holes or some bo **** that has to do with the water pump, so everythings replaced and everything is good.

Quick Reply: Anit-Freeze Leak!!