93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Afew Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Question Afew Questions?

Can I remove my a/c rad?- My a/c is not installed.....
Can I relocate my heater core?
Can I remove my cat and run straight pipe from headers back?
Will it hurt my Electrical power to run my fan all the time? - Had to wire it to a switch it failed somewhere.
My charcle canister was disconnected when I bought the car, never knew what it was until I read the manual...... Can I get a detailed diagram of how it needs to be hooked back up?

That's about it for now!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

First thing you should do is buy a Haynes manual.

Second, is your car a 3800 or a 3.4?

Should be able to remove the AC components as you wish without any other failures.

You can not relocate your heater core. Why would you want to anyway?

You can delete your car as you wish but if you have OBD2 (1996+) then it'll throw a SES light. If you have a 1995 and down, it won't make a difference aside from not being able to pass emissions.

Running your fan all the time will burn up the motor pretty quick. The reason it quit is likely a temp sensor. Mine was anyway.

As for the charcoal canister, you'll have to check the manual for that. I didn't even know our cars had one lol.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
First thing you should do is buy a Haynes manual.

Second, is your car a 3800 or a 3.4?

Should be able to remove the AC components as you wish without any other failures.

You can not relocate your heater core. Why would you want to anyway?

not entirely correct, you can replace it with a smaller heater core out of a ford probe, if you search around on google, you'll find a walk through for it, it will also save some weight over the stock one and clear up some room in the engine bay

You can delete your car as you wish but if you have OBD2 (1996+) then it'll throw a SES light. If you have a 1995 and down, it won't make a difference aside from not being able to pass emissions.

any competent tuner can turn those lights off using hptuners or the like

Running your fan all the time will burn up the motor pretty quick. The reason it quit is likely a temp sensor. Mine was anyway.

I have mine wired to come on when I turn the key on, it runs constantly, I wouldn't worry about tiring one of those out, they're made to run for a LONG LONG time

As for the charcoal canister, you'll have to check the manual for that. I didn't even know our cars had one lol.

This should help you:

http://shbox.com/1/evap_system.jpg

fixed a couple answers for you, otherwise he's on point per the usual

Old 06-11-2013, 03:15 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The heater core is inside the car behind the dash... Replacing it with a smaller one isn't going to free up room in the engine bay.

You're right about a tuner being able to free up the SES lights tho lol.

My fans used to run constantly and I went through three motors in two years before I replaced the sensor so they would kick on and off.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

93' 3.4L V6.... I have a manual

I will probably remove the a/c rad within the next few days....
I have no emmisions in FL
I replaced the sensor but have not tried to use the stock wires again.

I have a big black plastic box on my pass. front frame rail with two hoses broken off?????

Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
The heater core is inside the car behind the dash... Replacing it with a smaller one isn't going to free up room in the engine bay.

You're right about a tuner being able to free up the SES lights tho lol.

My fans used to run constantly and I went through three motors in two years before I replaced the sensor so they would kick on and off.
I'm making an assumption here, but the heater core in the v8 cars is in the same place as the v6 cars, if that is the case, it does indeed protrude into the engine bay, making it HELL to get to the #7 plug (on an ls1 car), I actually took mine out completely and bought a block off plate for the hole it leaves in the firewall. So it definitely does free up some space, but again this is on the assumption the v6 and v8 cars have it in the same spot

yeah, I have all of mine turned off so it passes emissions, shhhhhhhh

that sounds like something else is wrong, I run my constantly and never have/had an issue

Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Sicilian

I have a big black plastic box on my pass. front frame rail with two hoses broken off?????
That almost sounds like your overflow tank... That's where mine is. Right behind the battery.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The black box back by the PCM is a piece of the AC system. If that's what you're talking about. Sits between the passenger side valve cover and the PCM?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the heater core hoses run through there also, if you would take that black plastic box off, it would lead you to the heater core, I'll see if I can find a picture of what I'm talking about

Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Do I even Need my heater core?

Quick Reply: Afew Questions?