93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

97 v-6 3.8 will not run

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

your vats is not letting the car start and no there not compatible every car with the vats has its own distinct code craby know how to fix this

Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Overdrive Member

in his car the VATS is handled by the BCM and not the ECU. The BCM will give the ECU the go/no go to allow the injectors to fire. The car will crank over so it is unlikely that it is the VATS system causing the issue. Not impossable just unlikely.

Have you checked the plugs, wires and compression? Also how is your CAT? a clogged cat can cause 10 miles of bad running and then die and if it is clogged enough you may not be able to start again. Fuel fouled plugs, and incorrect plug wiring can cause an issue as well.

Massey

Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM

I have replaced the plugs and wires. All wires have been checked and double checked so they are correct. I have not checked the CAT. Is this something I can do myself or do I need to take it to an expert? The only thing I haven't checked is the compression. It seems like the more sensors I replace the worse its running. I don't think its the VATS since I had it started and running although it felt like it was running on 5 cylinders. The check engine light would blink continously but would not throw a code. Thanks again to everyone who has replied!!! I feel like I'm close to solving this myth