93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

97 lt1 to 98 v6 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011 | 10:49 PM
|
Default 97 lt1 to 98 v6 camaro

Okay I need to know soon cause I'm starting this project soon. I have a 97t/a lt1 that I bought with all intentions of putting it under the hood of my 98 v6 camaro. The ta was a donor/ parts car but everything under the hood all the way back to the axel is all there. The reason why I'm not keeping the ta as is is because the interior is GONE and stripped and it has no title we've agreed on bile of sale., while I have this camaro with a mint condition interior and exterior but it's having engine tranny problems and I want it to be a v8 anyway so I bought the ta. I was told the cradle from the ta should fit snug under the camaro and so should the tranny axel ext. It has everything I need from radiator to k member suspension to gas lines to computer. Can anyone tell me if I'm going to run into any problems. I'm good with wiring so I'm not worried about that and I don't want someone to tell me it a bad idea cause I'm doing it unless there are huge major problems with this swap. Should I take out the gauges in the dash for it? That's the only thing idk about really.

Old 09-04-2011 | 11:52 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i think it will work, like you say the lt1 to a ls base is gona be a challange in the wire department. gona have to check to see if the gages run off the same signal range. the k member mounts may be different, a good start would be to look into what has to be changed to make a ls1 work in a 97. im sure thats been done a few times. that would give you an idea of what systems are similar.

Old 09-05-2011 | 03:18 PM
|

alrighty thanks, thats what i was worried about was the k frame fitting under there like the guy said it would, other then that im just worried about what to do with the wiring under the dash i can do it all under the hood no problem im just worried about the system behind that dash really everything else i know wont be hard for me. Im going to be working at this as hard as possible. thois is my everyday driver so i just want to make sure before i go tearing it apart, i mean i have a way to work other then my maro i just dont want it to be siting in the garage stuck there cause i stripped into it and i got stuck somewhere cause something wont work. I love this camaro im a true camaro fan ill have this car till i die. But im just making sure of all of the problems im going to run into

Old 09-05-2011 | 05:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

The K member should fit as most aftermarket websites offer k member that fit gm small blocks for 1993-2002 then a k member for big blocks for the same years and another one for the v6. the only difference's are the motor mount locations. The hardest part is going to be getting all the electronics to match up and work for your dash. but if you have that wireing harness your laughing. luckely you are working with 2 obd 2 cars. good luck and post lots of pics.

Old 09-05-2011 | 08:20 PM
|

Sure thing itll probably begin in a couple weeks im just trying to find the right time to do all of this. I knw its not just going to be something that you just drop in im sure its going to be complicating in lots of ways, when i get through this ill post lots of pics of the car and show everyone the process of it getting done. Thanks for all of your help everyone