93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

96 breakin down :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 96 breakin down :(

So it seems like when stuff goes wrong everything goes wrong, first it was the drivers window.. followed by the passengers window... followed by a REALLY REALLY annoying rattling sound when i first start the car- could be the cat?, followed what sounds like a short to the sound system cause when i accelerate theres a high pitch whinning like from the passenger speaker which occasionally goes out when i drive slow and run the rear defrost.... Battery died last weekend got that replaced and that fixed my faulty tach that would go anywhere up to 100 mph when i wasnt moving.... ! So main concern is this annoying rattling when a cat breaks down it kills your horsepower.. my horsepower isnt anything special to begin with its a v6 but it seems normal gas mileage TOTALLY SUCKS!! gettin like 12 in town 16 on highway... i am ready to trash this 96 v6 Y87 :P!! Just lookin for opinions on what some of the stuff is comin from.. Improperly grounded battery for the wierd high pitch sound even when radio is off etc....???????????? PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: 96 breakin down :(

The wine is cause by a bad speaker. fix the damn cat then if its bad. dont light the s.o.b. on fire lol.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

How do you know if the cat is goin to crap? and i amlost wanna burn that thing down... its just pissin me off bout now! it seems when it rains it poors! the glass doesnt sit in the right position anymore it slides back and forth when i put it up and down on the driver side and the motor is shot on the other side, so i cant really go through a car wash cause i get soaked... for some reason i think the t-tops are letting air in somewhere too cause i can here it on the high way it doesnt leak but yeah.. just a pain in the ****..... so when i replace those speakers, i want somethin decent in there because well they say bose is good but what would line up fairly decent and not alter the sound quality that much of course ill prolly do front and back when i do it and do everything but that little tiny sub in the back.. oh and any recommendations on what to get for a new cat????? not a performance freak.. when it comes to this camaro*

Old 01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
4th Gear Member

all the bose stuff is tied together, each with its own amp. nothing can be replaced with "aftermarket" stuff.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hmmm so either way i would have to do quite a bit of Re-wiring if i wanted to put a different speaker in there and it probably wouldn't have as good of quality... well anything on power windows/windows that dont hold there position like i read a bit ago there was a plastic piece that holds the glass from going backwards/forwards -