93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

94 Camaro Gone Bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Default 94 Camaro Gone Bad

So my '94 3.4 v6 automaticcamaro started acting up like 2 or 3 weeks ago..i drove it to and from my baseball game that was some 30 minutes away and it was fine..later that night i decided to go somewhere with a buddy of mine and i started it up and instantly noticed something different..

the car was like vibrating a whole lot and when i would go from park to drive, it would seem like it was trying to go and would rock back and forth in a way that its never done before..i drove it around the block and its acceleration was completely different (very slow)and it sounded a lot louder from the outside..

i told my dad 5 minutes later and he came out and said it was like missing..a few days later we changed the spark plugs and wires and it was exactly the same..my dads friend did a diagnostics test on it and he found that it showed nothing wrong with it besides normal stuff that could've been there for years..

so i dont know what to do..it runs but it is obviously different, it shakes and vibrates that is very noticeable..

also when i was in over drive i couldnt go higher than 45 without it shaking extremely bad but it didnt shake that way when i was in Drive going that same speed or higher

sorry this post is so long, i dont know whats wrong and am not too good on cars..so i was wandering if anyone knew anything?? thank you for your time in reading this

Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: 94 Camaro Gone Bad

There are three things that can cause misfires: ignition, fuel delivery, and physical damage. It is good that you changed the plugs and wires, but now you should look at the coil packs and the ignition module under them. You can have them tested at AutoZone. Also look at the two crank position sensors and the cam position sensor. If the ignition stuff is good, look at the FI: check fuel pressure and pressure regulator, get some NOID lites & verify that all injectors are being fire, change fuel filter. You may have to have the injectors professionally cleaned, but before you do that check the resistance of the injector coil, and throw a few cans of injector cleaner in the fuel tank. If it still misfores, do a compression test to verify that there are no weak cylinders. You really need a scanner, not a code reader, and verify that all the signals from the various sensors make sense. Look at the output of the O2 sensors, should be changing rapidly up & down from 0.5 Volt.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 PM

is there any place that would be able to check all this for me and what not? like i am not really well educated about cars and whats inside them..i wish i was..i learn more and more everytime i come on here tho

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Droid

You could go to Chevy dealer or look in the papers for shops advertising tune ups for computer controlled cars.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:24 AM

oh alright, ill try to get around to that...how much do you think most of this stuff will end up costing?