93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

3.8 no start and lost power

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear member
Default 3.8 no start and lost power

So i got in my car today after class, but when i got to start it, it takes forever to start, i had to try 3 times to get it to start, and then its making this wierd noise kinda like a small misfire, but it doesnt feel like a misfire while im driving, it sorta sounds like its blowing bubbles actually......its hard to describe. Anyway, i go to leave the parking lot and just like that she dies, no horrendous noise no loud noise no grinding it just sorta faded away and quit. Of course i go to restart it and then i have no electricity from the battery so i pop the hood and give the cables a good shake and move the battery a lil and of course it comes back, so i turn on the flashers and let it sit for a while..... While it was sitting i was thinking, why when it died did it lose the the battery signal? and when it came back my radio went to LOC but my trip meter was still correct... WTF!!!! Is it common for f-bodies to have battery problems because my last Camaro did the smae thing with the battery, it would just up and lose power and die...but a good cable shake and she comes right back to life. And i inspected the parts of the cable that i can see and didnt see any cracks, missing insulation, anything to that effect. It also felt less powerful once i did get it restarted, and home. Im gonna poke around since today is the first nice day in a while.... What does that sound like? I made an appointment with my mechanic already, told him it seems to be either ignition or fuel delivery related...

Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 3.8 no start and lost power

same thing happen to me last week when i was at my bank all of a sudden i look at my gauges and there jumping all over the place saying that im doing 80pmh even though im in park. so i turned the car off to see if it would reset itself and it was absolutely dead. i pushed it out of the way and it wound up being that the one cable was loose then i tightened it and now its fine.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear member

My guages were all reading fine though, thats why this worries me... Somehow my car never has a problem that is readily identifiable or common, I hate indivudality in manufactured products....anyway now Im just lookin for the grounds still...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Update- Its definitly NOT electrical, I went to move it outa my parents garage, but when i start it up its running extremely rough sounds horrible, it sounds like it should have an extremely aggressive cam but this is a stock engine. I dont know whats wrong so to prevent further possible damage Im just having it towed to a mechanic tommorow...