Transmission pull/replace clutch fork

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
The ears on the end of the clutch fork should slide over the TO bearing. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Edit. Here you go. This has plenty of pics.

EASY T56 clutch fork and throwout bearing questions - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards
okay i got it on there but now the clutch pedal back to being super soft? i am going ****ing nuts here

The clutch pedal is soft at the top and hard on the bottom. So i am pretty sure i need to bleed the system. I bought a pre-bled master and slave cylinder, so how do i bleed the system? I think i may have broken my slave cylinder as the retainer plastic clip that comes with the pre bled- slave cylinder has broken.

Last edited by warmeck; 06-19-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:48 AM
4th Gear Member

The plastic cup thing that sat over the end of the slave where it meets the fork? If that's what broke, you're okay. It's meant to break when everything is installed and you first hit the clutch pedal.

Air in the system should have it soft the whole travel. Describe "hard". Is it getting stiffer as you get closer to the floor? To me that sounds normal with a new clutch. I know it gets hard for to hold the pedal to the floor sometimes at a red light so I usually just put it in neutral and let the pedal up.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
The plastic cup thing that sat over the end of the slave where it meets the fork? If that's what broke, you're okay. It's meant to break when everything is installed and you first hit the clutch pedal.

Air in the system should have it soft the whole travel. Describe "hard". Is it getting stiffer as you get closer to the floor? To me that sounds normal with a new clutch. I know it gets hard for to hold the pedal to the floor sometimes at a red light so I usually just put it in neutral and let the pedal up.
its soft about 3/4 of the way and then 1/4 is a lot more stiff

Old 06-20-2016, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear member

im a ****ing dumbass.... turns out i just needed to adjust the fork again now the clutch pedal feels normal. so i am going to start it up in about an hour will report back.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:59 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

from the videos i seen it looks like you gotta get it just right. not like the old school forks.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
from the videos i seen it looks like you gotta get it just right. not like the old school forks.
yeah it was a huge pain in my *** lol... well i started it up and all is well. Thanks everyone for the help

Old 06-24-2016, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear member

ok so it starts fine i can put it into first gear and 2nd gear with a little force but reverse is super hard to get into? do i need more fluid in my tranny?

Old 06-24-2016, 05:28 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

try pumping the clutch a few times before reverse. any grinding?

Old 06-24-2016, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
try pumping the clutch a few times before reverse. any grinding?
no grinding, it goes into 1 2 and 3 fine but reverse is like super hard... maybe a wire on the trans fell off or something?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:32 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

did you take the shifter lose/out, may have to losen it and move it to get centered

Quick Reply: Transmission pull/replace clutch fork