lowering ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Question lowering ?'s

i have a 96 camaro rs i lowered it 2' front and back i also replaced the rear shocks with bilistein shocks so the back end wouldnt bottom out is there anything else i should do? i was told that you should replace the pan hard bar with an adjustable one.... what would the need for one be?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear member

sreed,

The adjustable panhard bar is necessary in order to center the rear end. Lowering the car with the stock panhard bar causes the rear to get pushed over off center.

You also need to get lower control arm relocation brackets so the LCAs will be at correct angle with new lower stance. This will help prevent wheel hop/traction issues for rear.

I'm not sure if necessary but you might also want to get an adjustable torque arm since the angle for this has changed as well. (Again not 100% sure if its a must)

Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
2nd Gear member

Oh, also recommend getting the Bilsteins up front as well along with a strut tower brace/bar (STB) if u don't already have.

When I had my 01 maro I lowered it with Bilsteins all around the STB and it handled like an entirely different beast. Was sweet.
I was gonna get relocation brackets, adj panhard, and a bunch of other goodies but then I sold her for my TA. Now I'm working on that

Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM

if you look at my car now that it is lowered it doesnt look like the rear is off centered at all tho??

Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 AM

also i was wondering is there sway bar end links that you can get for lowered cars of do you have to just cut the stock ones

Old 10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sreed1236
if you look at my car now that it is lowered it doesnt look like the rear is off centered at all tho??
It's gonna be hard to tell while looking at it. Even so, having a adjustable panhard bar is a plus, as well as all the other add ons Bandit mentioned. Suspension works much like the same as an engine, you can't just change one piece and have everything work perfect. You need to change the surrounding pieces as well so everything works together to give you the best (in this case) handling out of the parts.

Last edited by MKCoconuts; 10-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
It's gonna be hard to tell while looking at it. Even so, having a adjustable panhard bar is a plus, as well as all the other add ons Bandit mentioned. Suspension works much like the same as an engine, you can't just change one piece and have everything work perfect. You need to change the surrounding pieces as well so everything works together to give you the best (in this case) handling out of the parts.
right i have ordered one just to be safe anyway i was also wondering is there sway bar end links that you can get for lowered cars of do you have to just cut the stock ones

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
4th Gear Member

If I'm not mistaken, there's no special set for lowered/raised cars. Every where I've seen, it's the same end link.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
If I'm not mistaken, there's no special set for lowered/raised cars. Every where I've seen, it's the same end link.
the only reason i ask was because once i lowered it my end links are bent now so its not really helping at all

Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
2nd Gear member

^ post a pic of how the end links look. Maybe someone can help you out with a visual

Quick Reply: lowering ?'s