Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 Suspension (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-suspension-142/)
-   -   leaning to the right. (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-suspension-142/leaning-right-70383/)

woodstock 06-23-2012 08:04 AM

leaning to the right.

have searched and haven't found this topic for the forth gen anywhere.
the problem is the car sits noticeably lower on the passenger side.
can the torsion bars be adjusted?, any other possible suspension tweaks to correct this.

keep in mind it was in a front end collision, i suppose it is possible the unibody is tweaked and needs to be on a frame machine. but i dont wanna think that just yet.

on a positive note it still tracks good and drives straight...

Camaro 69 06-23-2012 09:35 AM

Did the car lean like that before the crash? If not, then you know something got tweaked from the hit. Since it's noticeable, and given the history, I'd say a bent suspension or frame is likely.
Your suspension isn't adjustable to alter ride height at will.

woodstock 06-23-2012 10:24 AM

camaro 69 you are the man lol. you always have a knowledgeable answer.
but anyway no it was not leaning before the crash, so something isnt right.
I would be interested in replacing any bad suspension components, what would you suggest to look over first?

i will put it on the lift and take a look

Camaro 69 06-23-2012 01:40 PM

When you're under the car, take a good look at everything on the drivers side, then compare it to the passenger side. Look at the control arm, the frame, and where they attach, and see if anything looks out of place, out of shape, has a strange wrinkle, or has paint that popped off. If something got bent that much to lower the one side, it could be noticeable. Was the hit straight on, or only on one side?

z28pete 06-23-2012 01:52 PM

There is a good chance that the front subframe, including some suspension parts got bent in the crash. If the subframe got tweaked it would be best to replace it with a new one or a good used one. By the way, your Camaro does not use torsion bars, it uses coil springs front and back, and as Chuck said, they are not adjustable.

woodstock 06-23-2012 05:34 PM

yeah I will keep an open eye for anything that looks off, it was the front passenger corner of the car.
Take a look at my pictures lemme know what you think, it was veryy very bad.

i personally have a feeling i will find a big ol' buckle in my subframe..
so i will take a look tomorrow and post what i find.

it probably would have been smarter to just junk it, but oooooh no I was not having that.

as usual, thanks

jkeaton 06-25-2012 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by woodstock (Post 631243)
yeah I will keep an open eye for anything that looks off, it was the front passenger corner of the car.
Take a look at my pictures lemme know what you think, it was veryy very bad.

what pictures?

craby 06-25-2012 05:52 PM

measure from the ground to the fenderwell on each tire, i measured at about the center of the tire. what are the differences. the 4th gen camaro does set lower on the passenger side from the factory. about 1/2 inch if memory serves.

Chaotic94 06-25-2012 06:27 PM

My car sits lower on the passenger side as well. Someone told me before that they're supposed to be that way so that when the driver gets in the car, it's sits level for maximum handling.

Camaro 69 06-25-2012 06:32 PM

Ehhhh, now what side of the car is that heavy battery sitting on? (I know the answer btw)
Being that the body panels are plastic, and could have tweaked along with the frame from the impact, for measurement purposes I'd trust a common reference point on each side of the frame more than I would the body. At the fender might only be showing a portion of what's really out of whack.