KYB AGX shocks, springs, sway bar thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, I've noticed that the front end of my car seems to be a tad bit lower than rear. I know I don't have aftermarket springs, but I went to go measure the height the other day and noticed i was at 27 inch at the front, 28 in the rear-which seems to be stock height for the lt1's. Im curious now to see if I need a front set of springs anymore..maybe I can just buy a rear set.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I just installed the Bilstein/ Eibach shock/spring kit from Classic Industries onto my 94 Z28, and the springs are absolutely incredible. Rides nice, but handles like the car is on rails. I also at the same time installed BMR upper and lower A arms, as well as rear lower control arms and new front and rear sway bar stabilizer links and new front and rear stabilizer bushings as well as a new BMR torque arm, new trans mount, and new engine mounts. This car, now outhandles my 99 Z and my 02 Formula which are still in new condition because of their low mileage. I will be changing those cars as well in the near future and adding 6 piston calipers to each vehicle now that I've got the slotted rotors. Eibach is one of the best brands for inexpensive money. If you want to do the car right, theirs much that needs replacing on a high mileage vehicle, so you must decide which brand/brands to go with, and stay with that brand. If your going to make the car faster and handle better, its always a good idea to upgrade the stock braking system, which is something majority of guys overlook.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by FBodyjunkie
I just installed the Bilstein/ Eibach shock/spring kit from Classic Industries onto my 94 Z28, and the springs are absolutely incredible. Rides nice, but handles like the car is on rails. I also at the same time installed BMR upper and lower A arms, as well as rear lower control arms and new front and rear sway bar stabilizer links and new front and rear stabilizer bushings as well as a new BMR torque arm, new trans mount, and new engine mounts. This car, now outhandles my 99 Z and my 02 Formula which are still in new condition because of their low mileage. I will be changing those cars as well in the near future and adding 6 piston calipers to each vehicle now that I've got the slotted rotors. Eibach is one of the best brands for inexpensive money. If you want to do the car right, theirs much that needs replacing on a high mileage vehicle, so you must decide which brand/brands to go with, and stay with that brand. If your going to make the car faster and handle better, its always a good idea to upgrade the stock braking system, which is something majority of guys overlook.
I plan on adding all of the parts you mentioned in the near future. I have fairly low mileage on my 94z (about to hit 90k) but new parts will definitely be needed soon. I'll prob stick with BMR/UMI for suspension components, and deff work on brakes too. Argh, I hate only being able to do one thing at a time! I can always order directly from the websites, but finding a deal or two wouldn't hurt either....

Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

fbody if you have not upgraded the sway bars or added subframe connectors you got more improvement to go.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
4th Gear Member

I will be changing those cars as well in the near future and adding 6 piston calipers to each vehicle now that I've got the slotted rotors.
Overkill much?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL...I'm feeling a bit inferior right about now. Six pistons, though? Good grief, cat. Just pull out that fat wallet and get a Wilwood big brake kit!

Question for the folks. I think I mentioned that I took the lowering springs off the back of my car, simply due to the bottoming out I kept on encountering. I am torn between buying some lowering springs and just picking up some stock replacements for the back. What do y'all think? I'm fairly happy with the handling now, but admittedly, it WAS better when it was lowered.

Last edited by flowride; 01-10-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

True Craby. I only have sub frames on my formula at the moment. Just curious, What type of sway bar set up do you think is best? What about going with the SS sway bars? I still need a STB also.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

im very happy with strano's hollow front and adjustable rear set.

Name:  P7180005.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  P2290009.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  78.4 KB

Last edited by craby; 01-11-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Im just going to save up the coin and buy a set of strano's but right now I am just trying to figure out the stock ride height for a lt1..my z sits at 27 f/28 r...can anyone to me if this is normal or something different? Google has failed me for this information -___-

Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

what size tires on front and rear? sounds about right, will be a tad higher on the driver side like 1/2 inch

Quick Reply: KYB AGX shocks, springs, sway bar thoughts...