step by step my first car will be restored(95 camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default step by step my first car will be restored(95 camaro)

I would like to share the progress with the fellow enthusiasts,
Less than a week ago I found my very first car(1995 camaro v6) and for the price i was pleased. when i was saving up i worked as a busboy 5$ plus tips so it took me a while. im sorry if this thread is blah its my first big thread ive ever done. , so lets get to the pros and cons

i will upload pictures as soon as it stops raining here in dallas :/

pros:
-interior taken care of
-no missing pieces anywhere inside
-new water pump
-clean tittle
-motor healthy
-runs good( has cons to it)

Cons:
-needs a tune up
-brakes
-flush radiator(just to be on the safe side)
-most likely needs a new fuel filter
-front hood paint peeling
-driver window is only 3/4 up
- windshield weatherstrip looks put wrong
-tags and plates expired

The more easy to fix things like the window not going up is going to be done this week, if the funds are there also the tune up

First picture when brought home

Old 02-02-2014, 10:11 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

is this a 3.4 or 3.8? flush the radiator, engine and heater core separately. best to take the radiator out to flush.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

3.4 sorry , ahh okay will do that thank you very much, hopefully sometime this week because its been cold for the past day or so :/

Old 02-03-2014, 02:29 AM
2nd Gear member

Congrats on your first car man. My camaro was my first car too but i was lucky enough to have it given to me at 14. 16 years later i still have it and i love it more then then the first day i ever drove it.

If you want some advice on it

1. Take care of it, don't wrap it around a pole somewhere
2. Never start a project on it unless you are sure you really want to finish it quickly or you will find you have a car that is never done. I am speaking from experience, i parked my car in 2001 because it needed a valve adjustment. Haven't enjoyed it since.
3. Post pictures of everything you do to it. Everyone here loves project threads, especially ones with pictures
4. Always ask for advice, chances are there is someone here that has ran into every problem with each model camaro. Most people love to help and this can probably save you some of your hard earned money.
5. On a lighter note, careful which VTEC you laugh out loud at I had a real nasty K20A DC5 that left a lot of V8s looking awfully silly.

Have fun with the car man, i look forward to reading about it now and then.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

everybody has to start somewhere, sounds like a good list of things that need done for now. Enjoy the car for sure!

My car originally came from the DFW area, its been up here in the frigid tundra for almost 5 years now .

Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Sudstoy
Congrats on your first car man. My camaro was my first car too but i was lucky enough to have it given to me at 14. 16 years later i still have it and i love it more then then the first day i ever drove it.

If you want some advice on it

1. Take care of it, don't wrap it around a pole somewhere
2. Never start a project on it unless you are sure you really want to finish it quickly or you will find you have a car that is never done. I am speaking from experience, i parked my car in 2001 because it needed a valve adjustment. Haven't enjoyed it since.
3. Post pictures of everything you do to it. Everyone here loves project threads, especially ones with pictures
4. Always ask for advice, chances are there is someone here that has ran into every problem with each model camaro. Most people love to help and this can probably save you some of your hard earned money.
5. On a lighter note, careful which VTEC you laugh out loud at I had a real nasty K20A DC5 that left a lot of V8s looking awfully silly.

Have fun with the car man, i look forward to reading about it now and then.
lol thanks man i defenetly will not wrap it around a poll haha, and yes i will be uploading pic by pic of everything i fix and replace also if i run into trouble ill be sure to kindly ask for help or advice on what to do and what not to , and about the VTEC oh my :0 i bet !!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Cheeks
everybody has to start somewhere, sounds like a good list of things that need done for now. Enjoy the car for sure!

My car originally came from the DFW area, its been up here in the frigid tundra for almost 5 years now .
Very nice to hear it came from the area and is still going strong!!!

yes indeed i will defiantly enjoy it, im glad my hard work will be paying off.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Update: The price bought for:

Seller was asking originally 1,300 went home with it for 1,000. as soon as it clears up i will be posting pictures of the interior , motor, ect. hope everyone is had a good day!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

be best for you to pick up a factory service/shop manual for your year and model. you can download a 94 manual here which is pretty much the same. http://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti
just click 94fb

Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
be best for you to pick up a factory service/shop manual for your year and model. you can download a 94 manual here which is pretty much the same. http://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti
just click 94fb

Downloaded and saved into a folder thank you so much!!!.

Quick Reply: step by step my first car will be restored(95 camaro)