Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

first time I saw ur engine I thought for sure sofie was a v8

Old 06-27-2010, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

but I like really like its paint job I would really like to change from my artic white to that black and instead of pink stripes I would have red.....

......Thats the world I dream of....

Old 06-27-2010, 01:21 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

were still waiting,,, creepin crustaceans whats takin so long?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Freaking Pharro is what's taking so long. The bottom end was suppose to be back to us this week. Well they're not done. They have to hone it yet. Then they have to wait for the parts to come in. They had to 'special order' bearings and whatever else they needed. I wasn't fully paying attention, I was waiting to hear WHEN I would get it back. So I'm SUPPOSE to get it back next friday and then all the parts will be in the following week. All I got back from them so far has been the cam, but tonight I decided I wanted to throw a bigger one in, so I need to start looking around for one. With all the machining and work and parts they've ordered, my total is over $800, but since I'm paying in cash...and I'm a female...they're gonna get talked down to at least a solid $800. Because I said so. And they're making me wait too damn long for this.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:44 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

that sucks, i was hopin for some good news. well good things take time. yah i know that doesnt help but its true. have you ran out of things to do to her yet? stay busy and have a great 4th.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah there's not much news right now. I've been doing little things here and there for her. I got new fuse box labels for in the bay. My old ones were very faded and covered in overspray. So I cleaned them up, pulled the old labels off, and put the new ones on. Looks 100% better. I'll post pics later. I also painted the part of the bumper that gets attached inside the bay. It was covered in overspray, was oddly faded, and just looked awful. Just those couple things made such a huge difference. I'm gonna do a few more things to dress up the bay yet and that's all. I've been slowly working on rewiring some things, too. Now I have to start looking for a new cam to put in.

Case checked on my AC problem as well. Since having the car, the AC has never worked, so I've been baking inside a black car with black interior. When he had first checked it (it was actually the first time we met ) he wasn't able to get a good reading on the clutch. But since the engine is out, he was able to test it. He saw right away that the plug on the clutch (at least I think that's what it is) had a bent prong in it and on the plug that goes into it, you could see wear marks from the bent prong. So there was actually no connection made to turn the AC on. So hopefully all I'll have to do is charge it a bit and I should have AC with no problem. T Tops off only works to a certain point, lol, I need AC on some of these ridiculously hot days.

I had an awful scare with the Bomber today, too. The Bomber is my S10 Blazer, basically my winter beater and my backup vehicle. It was fine when I went to Case's this morning, but when I went to leave, it was making all kinds of grinding, god awful noises, plus it wouldn't shift after being stopped. I managed to make it home with him following on his bike. Even he could hear the noise over his bike. So he took a look at it and it turned out the torque converter was almost about to fall out. All the bolts were barely hanging on. I was freaking lucky as hell it got me home. But it's all fixed now and it doesn't make any clunking noises on start up (we weren't sure if it was a motor mount or part of the exhaust or the starter clunking around). It was the torque converter about to fall out.

Last edited by DarlingReject; 06-27-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ordered new injectors and a GT1 cam! Woo!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Got my new injectors and cam
Name:  102_0700.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  95.8 KB
21 lb injectors and GT1 cam

Name:  102_0695.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  102.7 KB
Painted the hood struts pink

Name:  102_0696.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  106.6 KB
New fuse cover labels

In the mean time, I was bored so I painted my Blazer. Didn't turn out too bad for 9 rattle cans of satin black.
Name:  102_0693.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  120.5 KB
Name:  102_0692.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  87.9 KB
Name:  102_0694.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  92.7 KB

Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
2nd Gear member

The pink accents are looking good. If you don't get the engine back soon, you'll end up with a hot pink car. Could look pretty cool though.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ha yeah...about the engine. Apparently it's done. I was suppose to get it back today. But NOPE! Now I'm suppose to get it back Wednesday. They haven't even done the heads yet. They've had my block for almost 4 weeks now. They're also waiting for some bearings to come in yet because they were on backorder. I'm not sure I believe that. I'm probably not going to give this place a good recommendation and probably will not go back for my dyno tune either.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!