Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Overdrive Member

How much pressure are you talking about? when the tops are resting on the roof there should only be about 1/2 inch or so above the roof line at the door is normal. but with this 1/2 inch is should be pretty wasy to push the top all the way down to the seats. The pin brackets have a couple of screws that hold it to the body. These will allow some up and down adjustment. Just remember that if you put them too far down they will actually cause leaks by pushing the moulding down and opening up a gap that was not there when they sit normally.

Massey

Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Got a delivery from Intense

Name:  102_1244.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  56.3 KB

Old 12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

cool,,, new parts.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Overdrive Member

I Love new parts!! I am going to have some showing up on my doorstep here in a few days. Nothing like this but I am getting my new halo headlamps!!

How are the T tops going? Have you found anything out about the pushrods, and why they have the strange wear patterns yet?

Massey

Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well some work was done. I managed to adjust the t-tops enough to get them to fit. I shimmed them with sand paper and readjusted them a little until the weather stripping settles a little more. While under my car taking off some LED bars, I found the sway bar bolt was broken. Ok really, it went like this, "Babe...you need to come here. I think something's broken..." He also managed to find those intake bolts that were missing...they were in the left over bolts bag from the rebuild. Bah. He also found the main electrical ground was just hanging off...and the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. Last week when he started he found a broken vacuum hose right by the sensor. So yeah. Hopefully she'll be running again tomorrow hopefully.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Overdrive Member

Crossing fingers! Kinda like the guy on the Kevin Bacon comercials!! LOL ok well maybe not that geeky but you get the idea. Wednesday I should have my stuff.

Massey

Old 01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well Sof is up and running again. A LOT was accomplished.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like you better cut the mechanics pay on this job. lol give the old man a hard time for me.

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Well some work was done. I found the sway bar bolt was broken. Ok really, it went like this, "Babe...you need to come here. I think something's broken..." He also managed to find those intake bolts that were missing...they were in the left over bolts bag from the rebuild. Bah. He also found the main electrical ground was just hanging off...and the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. Last week when he started he found a broken vacuum hose right by the sensor. So yeah. Hopefully she'll be running again tomorrow hopefully.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

yea, i missed stuff. i remember seeing them after the build and saying "well they arent large bolts, so they musn't be anything critical" and i had been looking for that bag for some time. then she found it and i realized what they were for. thanks to haynes for not having an upper intake tightening sequence. and the ground i beleive was from installing the heater hose kit. i removed to to saw off the old lines. as for the vacuum line and fpr, **** happens

Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

o well dont seem like u had to many ur fault problems which is always a good thing

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!