Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by DarkKnight

I dunno if you're on any of the other forums, but shop bashing is a big deal.
I'm on just about every Camaro forum out there. While "Shop Bashing" Is a big deal to some, here pretty much myself, Cpl and Spec make, change and enforce any rules we want. And I personally dont have a problem with what is being said.

I've had work done by of "top end" shops..and honestly I have found threads like this to be quite helpful in choosing a shop to have work performed at. For example, recently I had a T56 built by Tick Performance. One of the best names out there for a T56. And my experience was less than satisfactory so far. So if and when I choose to disclose the details of that, its entirely up to you as the reader to take it for what it is or leave it.

I'm not closing this thread, or erasing anything unless Darling asks me to. When this build started I went to her and REQUESTED she make this thread detailing everything to possibly help someone else down the road.

This is HER thread.

So consider this a warning to everyone steering this off topic. I will hand out infractions.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thanks NJ. Personally, I find it all amusing and don't feel bad about anything that was said. I don't want anything erased, but I really don't need him posting in this anymore.

This is MY thread about MY car that is a DAILY DRIVER. My race car build will come in time

Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by Cam02ss
Massy & Monte- if you want to look at me as a troll, fine. At no point did I call her car or build junk. If you guys want to get me banned, whatever...go ahead. It sucks she had a negative experience with the shop. No matter what shop is used it's going to happen from time to time and it is what it is.

For those of us who have race parts made, a months turn around time isn't bad. Evidentally I came across as a d*** and things were lost in translation.

However, DK posting my PM in here after I made an attempt to keep further convo off of her thread was low rent. He needs to work on a spine instead of his car.
OK please take this as constructive criticism here, that is what this is.

First off your first post ever on this site tells her to stop voicing her opinion on the work performed so as to not hurt the rep of the shop. And you say that there was a reason for the delays look at your car. To us that is saying that he put your car ahead of hers, and to stop crying about it. Not a good way to come off. You are defending this shop like you have a personal stake in it, and that one opinion on a nation wide forum is going to put a small shop in PA out for good. I doubt that will happen, and if he does read this, it could help him provide a better service to future customers. Negative opinions are not always bad, it depends on how the target of the opinion reacts to it. The way you have reacted does not improve the problem it compounds it.
Second you go off and compare track times and challenge others here to put their times down... not all of us here race. That comes off as agressive and arrogant, you state that you have 40K in your car... great not all of us have a bankroll that big for our cars, we work in our means and get the results we can from that. Again arrogant. You take personal jabs at others here... Aggressive. Can you see by the behaviors here why others, including myself call you a troll. Look up DK, Monte, Camaro69, and my posts, you will see a pattern of assistance and respect to the person we are assisting. I can tell you that not all of our posts are 100% helpful but we are not running 0-5 as you are.
If you want to contribute positive posts here and let us know about your car, what you have done, the results of your mods, how-to's on your mods and other things like that we would welcome them with open arms. You dont seem to be a moron when it comes to performance equipment and mods and we can always use your experience on the matters. If you just want to continue as you have I think I speak for most of us here when I say you can go eslewhere.

The ball is in your court.

Massey

Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Gee Massey, you brought my name into it, now I gotta speak my mind. If I've learned one thing in my life, it's that projects (no matter if a car or house, whatever) ALWAYS take longer than expected, and cost more than anticipated. It sounded to me like Cam02 was defending the shops reputation, since he must have had an overall good experience and came out happy about it. And his car running behind schedule was probably the hold up for D.R.'s machine work. It sounds like she was happy with the quality of the end product, just not the customer service. It appears that communication with the customer about scheduling is something that company needs to work better at. They may have a great reputation for their work, but there's more to good business than just that.
The one bad thing about bashing a company on a forum like this is that they don't have the opportunity for a rebuttal. Stories are stories, and there are always two sides, but I'm not picking one over the other.
And on the subject of P.M.'s, I belong to another car forum, of which I'm an Admin. We have a hard rule that P.M.'s are there to be used to keep things private (as the name implies). Airing a P.M. out in the open is a big no-no, it's not ethical.

Last edited by Camaro 69; 08-09-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Im not here to make friends with everybody, that will never happen, im not that nieve, some of that pm needed to be aired....

ANYWAY, darling the rear insert looks good pink,,, pops really well,,, better than my red on black =[

Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Gee Massey, you brought my name into it, now I gotta speak my mind.

Sorry about that, I just said it because I respect you for the assistance you provide for others here. You know what you are talking about and humble enough to admit when you are wrong. People like you make places like this worth comming back to.

Darling, Aside from the starter how has the new engine treated you now that you have a few miles on her?

Massey

Old 08-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Lol. Thanks DK. I like it pink better than white. I wanted people to know it was a chick passing them, if they could even see the color in time

Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Massey
Darling, Aside from the starter how has the new engine treated you now that you have a few miles on her?

Massey
*sigh* there's issues with that heater hose and the power steering pump. Oh, and the starter is STILL giving me problems. I thought it was fixed. Of course not. The pump is spewing everywhere and getting all over my clean bay and neon pink looming. It's aggravating. I've spent so much time and money so far on her and there's STILL problems. There's only 1400 miles on her so far. Saturday I got to test her new strut tower brace and new found power. I took a tight turn faster than recommended. Kinda unexpectedly, too. That brace made a world of difference. She wanted to lean way over like she used to, but then corrected and straightened herself out and took it beautifully. Frankly, I was not prepared for the huge difference. I didn't think a $100 part could make such a difference. But I'm glad I invested in it. On the highway I decided to play with her a little and mashed on it. Got her up to 105 mph, but then ran out of highway. It was so effortless. Comparing to the last time I went 110 mph, I was barely on the pedal. Last time she struggled to get up to speed and it took awhile. Not this time, ha.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Overdrive Member

Great I am glad you are happy with her. I dont know what to say about the PS pump other than get a new one from the local part store. They dont cost that much but they are a pain to deal with.

Do you have a link to the site where you got your brace from? I am looking for one but I only ever seem to find the ones that are not for the V6. I put one of those on my 66 Mustang back in the day and that one part made a world of difference in the car's handling, I know what you are saying there.

Massey

Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

guys. back on topic. No joke.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!