Looking for advice and suggestions :) ('95)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Talking Looking for advice and suggestions :) ('95)

So a few months ago my mum and dad helped me get a 1995 Camaro from a friend of theirs who was selling for dirt cheap. Now, the car runs great, but I'm looking to turn this baby into a show car. I want it to be show worthy, but not *so* show worthy that I cant use it as my daily driver. So, I'm looking for suggestions on my 'future mods'. If you have any advice at all, id love to hear it, and if you can suggest a certain product that you've had good experience with, ill add it to my list. So, here my list of future mods.

1.Custom Paint Job. My dad has a friend who does incredible custom airbrush work, but i'm more so stuck on the color scheme. Not sure is i want to do a purple base with black/white detailing, or a satin/matte black with purple/white detailing. I kinda am leaning more towards the black, but I haven't really heard good things about having a matte paint job.

2. New Cd player! I'm sorry, but unless anyone can tell me how to transfer all my cds to cassettes, the cassette player has got to go.

3. New rims. Im probably going to wait and change these last, because I dont really think they are a huge deal. Going to be window shopping at Sema ^__^.

4. NOS set-up. I'd probably use the set-up more for show, than for racing, so id probably try and find an empty tank to use for show, then if i decide it's necessary, ill get it filled.

5. New seats!

6.Make the dash not squeaky.

7. License plates. Stillllll waiting for my personalized plates to come. -__-

But anyways, Thanks in advance for any replies. This whole car mod plan is definitely going to take a very long time (especially seeing as how all of this is going to be funded on a 16 y/o's paycheck.) But I'm dedicated. This is my first car, and i want it to be a badbutt car

Old 03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear member

Step 1: Stereo
Step 2: Wheels
Step 3: Horsepower

Also, got pics?

Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, I dont have any pics yet, as she's been living in the garage since we got her (except for the occasional drives) and we have just about the ugliest lighting in our garage, but hopefully as soon as it starts to warm up a bit, ill be able to pull her out for a good wash/wax and ill be able to get a few shots.

In regards to your step three (Horsepower) I already have a bit of a lead foot, and I don't think my parents would really go for making it faster, but It's a definite plan for the future.
Thanks,
Samantha

Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by rabidcrayons13

1.Custom Paint Job. My dad has a friend who does incredible custom airbrush work, but i'm more so stuck on the color scheme. Not sure is i want to do a purple base with black/white detailing, or a satin/matte black with purple/white detailing. I kinda am leaning more towards the black, but I haven't really heard good things about having a matte paint job.

2. New Cd player! I'm sorry, but unless anyone can tell me how to transfer all my cds to cassettes, the cassette player has got to go.

3. New rims. Im probably going to wait and change these last, because I dont really think they are a huge deal. Going to be window shopping at Sema ^__^.

4. NOS set-up. I'd probably use the set-up more for show, than for racing, so id probably try and find an empty tank to use for show, then if i decide it's necessary, ill get it filled.

5. New seats!

6.Make the dash not squeaky.

7. License plates. Stillllll waiting for my personalized plates to come. -__-

But anyways, Thanks in advance for any replies. This whole car mod plan is definitely going to take a very long time (especially seeing as how all of this is going to be funded on a 16 y/o's paycheck.) But I'm dedicated. This is my first car, and i want it to be a badbutt car
First off, congrats on your purchase! Also, remember 99% of these amazing cars you see weren't built in a day, a week or even sometimes a year, it takes years of commitment to really make something that is as stunning as what you see on the internet and in the magazines.

1. paint is a big personal preference thing, I'd search through all the threads of pictures and see if there is something that catches your eye, then go from there. In addition, if you have any friends that are in to art/drawing, turn them loose on design for your car, it can be fun for them because they get to draw something and fun for you because you can see what they come up with.

2.thats the easy part

3. Rims again are personal preference, I'm a fan of the factory 10 spoke SS wheels, but in most cases on a show car, the bigger the better

4. don't put it on there if its fake, you'll just get made fun of by people that actually use it (like me)

5. Check into the factory SS leather seats, they are a massive upgrade and are very comfortable and in some cases you can get the whole interior (door panels, carpet, seats etc) as a package for a very reasonable price!!

6.good luck and god speed, they all do that

7. I bought those too!!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM

I'd love to be able to hook up a legit/filled NOS or NX setup, but my parents are totally not ok with it. Ill probably hold off until I' m 18 to get the set-up. My dad had the set-up in our old Speedlab Clone, but unfortunately he sold it, along with the setup.
Thanks for the feedback! Ill do some research on the seats. And I think for paint im going to do all sating black with the detailing in an icy blue/white. Ill probably stick in some binary somewhere in the paint too, just to mesh with the geeky license plates. ;D
Thanks Again!
Samantha